I’m a fairly unsophisticated user of X Pro but love it so far. I have created a custom 404 page based on the Front Page, have activated the Custom 404 extension and selected the custom 404 page. However, when I test it using the search function, it returns the default 404 page (with a very expanded header taking up half the screen). I’d really like to use my custom 404 page, and would like some advice. I haven’t done any real customization otherwise. Thanks in advance.
Hi There,
Thanks for writing in! Can you please first walk-through the guidelines given in the following link :
https://community.theme.co/kb/extension-custom-404/
Let us know how this goes!
Thanks for your quick response. Yes, I followed the guidelines exactly, installed and activated the plug-in, enabled it, and selected the page I designed (based on my Front Page) as my custom 404 page. That all looked good. However, when I test it by entering something in the search box, it does not return my custom page, but looks like the default 404. So now what?
Hello There,
Thanks for writing in!
Custom 404 displays a custom 404 page when you are visiting an invalid or non existent link within the site. If you use the search box, it will display the search results page and not the 404 page because the search page exist, it just did not find anything related to your query.
I think you are looking for a Custom Search not found page which should be a different plugin from the custom 404 page. Regretfully we do not have any of this feature at the moment. You might need to try to use other 3rd party plugins in the repository: https://wordpress.org/plugins/
Thank you for your understanding.
Thanks very much, That definitely explains it.
You are most welcome!
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.