CSS under id="x-generated-css", which I didn't put there

Hi,
I’m changing the color of my current website.
I’ve done this before. But now it seems, that I cannot access some of the CSS changes I’ve made the first time.
When I view the sourcecode of my index-page, i get a style tag with the id=“x-generated-css”

I guess that’s where all the handmade style changes go. In there is a huge block of styles, which I can’t access from anywhere.

The website is www.festivalfantastika.at

Hi there,

Please check the custom CSS panel of the specific page and the custom CSS panel of the Theme Options.

Hi, I already looked in those places. There is some custom code there, but not the whole bunch of css for a

Hi there,

The x-generated-css tag in particluar is a core part of X itself. It takes all the decisions you made in Theme Options and styling for them. This works in conjunction with the static stylesheet to providing customization options. If you want it removed, you’ll need to supply those styles somewhere else and will lose the ability to use use of the settings in Theme Options.

1 Like

Hi, the problem is: The stuff there is coming from someplace I can’t get to. To be more specific I added a screenshot.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AvKut7IWt7AZgec57lJHO_9vIIbHJA

I looked everywhere I could place custom css. Apart from the few things I marked on the screenshot, there is no custom css.
And I looked through all the settings: As far as I can see, there’s nowhere I could change those colors (like boxshadow in a menu in navbar) from within x without adding custom css.

Please, could you look into this?

Hi there,

As mentioned above, you can override any of default styles by adding your custom CSS rules into your Custom > CSS area. You can use the !important keyword if needed.

For example:

div.wpcf7-validation-errors {
color: #336699 !important;
}

Hope that helps.

1 Like

It might.
Can you tell me what I have to do, to change the color of the mouse-over box-shadow and the social media icons?

Hi There,

Please add the following code to Theme Options Custom CSS

.x-social-global a:hover {
    color: blue;
}

Hope it helps

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.