CSS tooltip and popover

Hi,

Title says it all: how can I change the CSS of the tooltip and popover, like colors, fonts, shadows and so on? I vaguely remember having dealt with that in the past but that was before CS and Pro. I found one class (.tooltip-inner) but the others as well, for instance the class for the little triangle/arrow which is separate from the tooltip itself.

It might be an idea to add a KB article for this kind of common CSS adjustments?

Thanks!

Hi,

You can find information on tooltips here. Notice that you can add a class or ID to the tooltip. After doing so I would inspect the tooltip on frontend via the Browser inspect tool and CSS it from there.

Hopefully that helps

And how can I add a class or ID to a tooltip? For images, for instance, you can only add class or ID to the image, not the tooltip…

Hi There,

You can add

.tooltip {

background: red !important;

} 

Hope it helps

Okay, but now the little arrow is still black. What class is that?

Hi There,

You can use the custom CSS below to style the tooltip, change the color values accordingly.

/*tooltip arrow*/
.tooltip .tooltip-arrow {
	border-bottom-color: cyan !important;
	border-top-color: cyan !important;
}

/*tooltip content*/
.tooltip .tooltip-inner {
	 color: black;
	 background-color: cyan;
}

Cheers!

Ah, that’s what I was looking for. Thank you!

Glad to hear it!