CSS selector issue

Hello!

I am struggling with something that should be easy, and I haven’t been able to figure it out. I’ve tried a number of different selectors, using Chrome’s inspector tools for support, and nothing is working. Please help?

I’m trying to use CSS to style two specific paragraphs circled in red, in the following screenshot:

I want to make the font-weight 300 (lighter), the way it appears on my homepage. (See screenshot below, the area that is circled in red.)

Thank you!
Shannon

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It seems like fonts used on both pages are slightly different, the 300 font weight is not being imported for the dynamic pages. To resolve this, navigate to Theme Options > Typography > Body and Content and set the Font Weight to 300 - Book

Once this is done, please remove all of your custom CSS or inline CSS added to the referenced text to avoid conflicts.

Let us know how this goes!

Hey Nabeel,

I already had my Theme Options set the way you indicated. See the following screenshot that I just took of my settings:

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 12.03.08 PM

If I strip the inline styles from my paragraph, it reverts to the larger, serif body copy from the main page, but I want the sidebar copy to be smaller, sans serif and with different margins. All of my CSS is working, except the font-weight attribute. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for helping me trouble-shoot this.

Shannon

Hello @Shan_HBG,

I have inspected the page and it turns out that 300 is not loaded.

Please go to the Font Manager and make sure that the font-weight 300 is selected.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your font settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thank you! I’m by no means a developer (obviously, lol), and knowing that the font wasn’t loading in the page source helped me out A LOT. I figured out how to add it to my functions file, and now it looks right. Thanks, again.

Hi @Shan_HBG,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.