CSS issue after X theme update

I updated X and Cornerstone and my CSS was slightly off. Meaning, after the update, my custom CSS settings were not pulled into the updated theme settings.

I have fixed most of CSS issues, but I cannot seem to fix one item.

I updated from:

• Cornerstone 6.1.4 to 7.0.3
  • X 9.1.4 to 10.0.3

This is the live site with the issue: https://www.softwarepromotions.com/

This is the staging site which has the correctly working CSS: https://softwarepr1stg.wpengine.com/

Here’s a screenshot of the specific bit of text that I am having an issue with:

When I compare, they look the same in Chrome Dev tools but they don’t look the same on screen.

I’m just not sure where the issue is.

Thanks and I look forward to your reply.

Aaron

Hello Aaron,

Thank you for the very detailed information. I can see that you have installed WP Rocket plugin. This could just be a caching issue. Please check out this guide in resolving your issue.

Best Regards.

I have tried this:

I have tried this:
2023-01-06_21-42-03 - x-theme - WP Clear Cache

I have tried this as well:
2023-01-06_21-42-03 - x-theme - WP rocket Clear Cache

They all did not resolve the issue.

Any suggestions?

Hello Aaron,

In order to help you with your concerns we need to check your settings I would request you, please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Here are the details:

Hey Aaron,

Here’s the explanation: In your custom CSS, you’re using the font-weight: 100. That’s actually NOT working in the old version site (staging) because the 100 weight is not loaded.

In your live site using X 10.0.3 and Cornerstone 7.0.3, the 100 weight is loaded.

The solution here is that you fix your custom CSS. Use font-weight: 400 to make your text thicker.

If you need further guidance on your custom CSS, you can subscribe to our One service.

Thanks.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Happy to help, Create a new topic anytime. Have a great day.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.