Css for padding for new sections added

Hi There,
Could you please provide the css needed to have the padding on new sections added in cornerstone set to the values below. It would save me so much time not to have to change these from the default every time I add a row. Also, if the default for the container in the first row of the new section could be set to open, that would be awesome! Being able to adjust these settings globally for padding and margins would make me a very happy camper!

I’ve tried the CSS below, but it’s not working.

div.x-section {
padding-top: 0 !important;
padding-bottom: 10px !important;
}

Thank you very much!

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for your continued support on our themes, you can change the default values of sections on this file: \wp-content\themes\pro\cornerstone\includes\elements\section\defaults.php. The down side of this though, is you need to re-set your own default values every time the theme updates since you can not put this on the child theme.

Your Custom CSS above works on my end, maybe there is a syntax error on your custom CSS somewhere. Please check it here: http://csslint.net/

I’m not entirely certain about this “Also, if the default for the container in the first row of the new section could be set to open” would you mind to clarify?

Cheers!

Wow! Thanks so much for showing me CSS Lint. So, so cool.

Regarding the default setting for the container. Every time I add a row, I have to go into the row setting and change it from on to off. The only time I need it “On” is when I’m adding things on the home page where the page template is No Container/Header and Footer.

For interior pages, I have to change this every time. . . unless I remember to set up a template section. . . which I don’t seem to be able to remember! (My bad!!!) It would eliminate a lot of clicks if I didn’t have to change this.

Here’s a screen shot to show you the setting:

Thanks for your help.

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

The cleanest solution is to turn it off manually.

Thanks for understanding,

Okay, good to know. I think I need to set up and use the templates so it’s not an issue.

Thanks for checking though. I really appreciate it!

Enjoy your day,
Nancy

Hi Nancy,

Yes, I should’ve mentioned that. Templates is a great way to go.

You enjoy your day too :slight_smile:

Thanks!