CSS broken after theme upgrade

Hi

I just upgraded to the latest version of Pro, and CSS has gone totally out (I’m using a child theme). Here’s my live site: https://rugby4cast.com/ and my dev site is in the secure note. If you look at the sidebar on those pages you will see the difference.

Can you help?

Alex

Hey Alex,

Thanks for writing in! After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches since you are using WP Rocket so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

This links might help:

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hey @ruenel

Thanks for the help. Actually it’s quite a weird issue - style.css in my child theme simply doesn’t seem to register anymore. And in fact, it works fine when no SSL applied, but as soon as the site goes to https://, it stops working. For now I’ve moved all CSS into the theme customiser and it works, but that’s not a great solution.

If you could take a look at my dev site (clone of live site) that would be great. Details in secure note.

Thanks
Alex

Hello Alex,

It might be the issue of database URLs that are not fully replaced while moving the site and that causes the Mixed Content issue [ HTTP and HTTPS ] and blocking to load styles files.

I would suggest you contact your hosting provider to correct the URL.
OR
You can also try out this arcticle on how to update the URLs when you are moving the sites.

Also, remember that the exact URL should be mentioned in Setting > General , WordPress Address and Site URL , including the protocol i.e HTTP/HTTPS.

Hope this helps.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.