CSS Altered by Upgrades

I have recently upgraded my site to X-Theme 10.3.7, Cornerstone 7.3.7 and WordPress 6.3.

My site is built upon the Renew stack and makes extensive use of the Classic content elements.

For an unknown reason, the upgrades have caused the fonts to go to a Serif font whereas the Renew stack sets both the Body and Header fonts to “Helvetica” (a sans-serif font). The Theme Settings still show Helvetica as the font for both the Body Copy and the Headings.

Note that I am also seeing the following error message, within Cornerstone. Maybe there is a connection?:

“Warning: Undefined array key 4 in /home/sites/spencersbutchers.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/_classes/classic/class-legacy-renderer.php on line 170”

The site in question is spencersbutchers.com

Hello @mgoodw,

Thanks for writing to us.

I can not find any error on the site at the moment. In order to help you with your concerns we need to check your setting, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hey @mgoodw,

Upon checking, your Globals > Typography > Body and Content and Headings are not set or have been unset by the update, please try enabling the Font Manager and resetting your fonts.

Yes, that did the trick. Many thanks for your help.

Glad to hear that, @mgoodw

Sadly, it seems I spoke too soon!

Everything is now working as expected on desktop devices. However, on mobile screens the problem has persisted; the body and header fonts are still serifed. This is despite appearing OK in the Cornerstone WYSIWYG when viewed at the various breakpoints.

As far as I can tell this is not due to old cached content; I have tried several different mobile devices.

Please advise.

Hey @mgoodw,

I checked on several mobile devices, and the font is Helvetica. This means this is a browser cache issue. Please clear all your browsers’ cache.

Yes, you are right. It was indeed a caching issue. Not on a browser but somewhere on the server, I think. Anyhow, all is well now.

Once again, thank you for your help.

Hi @mgoodw,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.