[cs_content_seo] visible when sharing links?

Did already search forum, and seen similar issues, but offered fixes do not apply in my case. Can someone pls take a look at my site and give some advice, thanks :). On some pages even some rev slider piece of code is visible (see image attached)!?

One of links from staging site: https://wsa2013.mycpanel.rs/iSize/upscale/

Hi Nebojsa,

Thanks for reaching out.

As far as I could tell though, that is a social media sharing interface and it’s picking up some code in the page instead of picking up the content. If this is the case, you need to install an Open Graph plugin which usually is part of an SEO plugin. In this case, the Slider Revolution has nothing to do with the issue. It’s just inevitable that social media sites would pick up contents in your site randomly if you haven’t told them what your site is. This is beyond our control and scope of theme support.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hm not sure how this is beyond your control? This happens on your theme, not other themes with same plugin. So your content, theme generated content has something to do with it, right? I see numerous issues with same thing on your forum. I just tried Yoast plugin, with slightly similar issues, but still an issues.

Hey Nebojsa,

To clarify, this is not a theme issue. What you’re experiencing will happen to all builders that generate shortcodes in the WordPress Content or simply shortcodes inserted in the WordPress Content. That can happen to any theme and any plugins that put shortcodes in the content like Slider Revolution.

Some other themes might get around this by getting the title or some other content as the Open Graph Meta Description. We don’t do that in our theme because we believe that you must configure your Meta Description manually to utilize the Meta Description area best. If you’re not familiar with OG Meta Description area, that is this part:

My colleague said that you should use a plugin with Open Graph features which usually is included in SEO plugins. Please install one and set up a Meta Description for each of your pages. Also, deactivate the X Open Graph in Theme Options > Social to avoid conflict with 3rd party Open Graph features.

Hope that helps.

The reasons why I think this is a theme issue are previous topics on this forum. People did have same issues, and you did treat it like a bug at that time, like for example here:

and here:

and few more…

What is scary actually is the fact that when I search for this issue I get a lot of links on google search with snippets looking like this? Is that something that could happen?

So bottom line, what are your proposals? I did deactivate open graph from Pro Theme Social setting, and I did try few plugins, but all with same result. What plugin are you suggesting, or no plugin at all, and if so how to configure SEO in that case? For every page separate? Do I have somewhere in theme options to upload and select open graph img etc, etc…? Thanks!

Hi Nebojsa,

I guess you already figure it out because when I tried to share this link https://wsa2013.mycpanel.rs/iSize/team-2 on any social media like Facebook, Twitter, and also slack, the code is not showing anymore. Please see the attached screenshots.

Slack:

Facebook

Twitter

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.