Critical error when updating the theme

I’m having trouble with two sites that use theme X. They are both displaying a critical error. When all plugins are disabled, its clear that when I update the X plugin or update the theme, the sites both crash. Siteground confirmed the issue is with the theme.

Please assist as I’ve tried everything.

Hi @CreativeFolks,

Thanks for reaching out.
It might be due to the PHP version, I would suggest you check the PHP version, and make sure it is 8.0 or above. If not, please ask your Hosting Service provider to update it. If that is already updated, please contact your Hosting Service provider to restore the last working backup and copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access to the secure note, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password
– FTP/CPanel credentials to access the files.

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi @tristup

I’m creating FTP access for both sites that are broken and using Theme X.
Both have now been updated to PHP version 8.0.30 as requested.

Hi, @tristup

Are you able to troubleshoot with this access? Do you require anything else from me?
I’m not able to gain access to either site’s WP admin so Im not able to create any users at this point.

Let me know if you require anything from our end please.

Hi @CreativeFolks,

I have checked the FTP credentials and found that those are not working and showing Critical Errors. I suggest here restoring the backup to the working condition and then copying that site to staging for further investigation. I would suggest you contact your Hosting Service provider first to restore the backup and then create staging for further investigation.

Thanks

Hi @tristup

I’ve installed recent backups for both sites from a week ago, but that is the furthest back our hosting provider is allowing me to go.

Our hosting provider has increased our memory_limit values as this might be able to help you get access to fix the themes.

This is again for both sites.

Please try again now?

Hey @CreativeFolks,

Please provide the WP Access as well so we can log in to the WP Dashboard.

Thanks.

Hi,

You can access both sites with the same access in the secure note to this message.

Thanks

Hi @CreativeFolks,

I have checked your second website and found that the X theme version is already updated. I have activated the X by following the below steps.

1. Delete the existing Cornerstone
  2. And used the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be the latest version.

Now the website is working fine.

I would suggest you follow the below steps to update the first website.

1. Delete the existing Cornerstone
  2. Delete the existing X theme, if not updated yet.
  3. Update the X theme to the latest version by downloading from your Themeco Account.
  4. After the X theme is updated, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be on the latest version

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi @tristup

I keep getting ‘plugin installation failed’ error on the https://leeteestatemanagement.co.uk site.

Hi @CreativeFolks,

I have checked your website and found that the X is in an older version, i.e. 9.1.4. I would suggest you follow the steps given for the second website in my previous comment update, the X install the Cornerstone, and check if that resolves your problem or not.

Thanks

@tristup the ‘latest’ version that is available for me on my Themeco account is 6.5.9?

Hey @CreativeFolks,

That’s for Pro, you need to download the latest version of the X theme which is 10.5.9.

Hope that helps.

@tristup Under this single license for this website, the only option is this

If I try to upload any 10.5.9 license (when I click on another site as we have multiples) I get an error.
I also get an error when I try to upload the ‘pro’… Nothing is working.

Hello @CreativeFolks,

Please provide WP Access for the https://leeteestatemanagement.co.uk site. The given user credentials is not working for us.

Thanks.

Hi @ruenel

You can try now with the credentials provided.

Hi @CreativeFolks,

It seems that you have upgraded the X to the Pro. You have to delete the X and upload the Pro by downloading from your Themeco Account. Please remember that the Cornerstone is already integrated with the Pro; you need to deactivate and delete the Cornerstone from the Plugin lists.

Hope it helps.
Thanks