Critical Error When Cornerstone is Activeated

Across multiple websites I manage that have the Cornerstone plugin enabled I receive a “There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.” message when trying to access the website.

I assumed it was just on the website I had been working on, but after noticing that it happened to another websites I manage, that also runs off the X theme and Cornerstone, I am wondering if there is a larger issue? I was messing with the Global Parameters within Cornerstone when the issue happened and so I’m wonder if may be that could also have caused the issue?

On the website I am currently working on, I know I have the most update-to-date versions of X Theme and Cornerstone. They are both managed through GoDaddy (different accounts though) so maybe that is also part of the issue?

Hey Kevin,

We would love to check your site. Do you happen to have a staging site? Kindly clone one of your sites where you have experienced the issue so we can check it. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

@ruenel Thank you for responding! So I’d have to work with our website admin and security officer to see if that would be okay. In the meantime, can you tell me where within the Cornerstone plugin files the Global Parameters are saved? I have a feeling that the issue is stemming from a Global Parameter I incorrectly set up (setting it simply as {“propID”:187301}), as the issue began right after I was messing with this Global Parameter and accidentally hit save.

I can also confirm that the issues on both sites were not related. I had an outdated version of X theme on my old site, and that was the issue. This prompted me to try deleting and reinstalling the X Theme and Cornerstone and that still didn’t solve the issue.

Hi Kevin,

The Global parameter should be saved in the wp_options table on your database. If you can remember when you accidentally hit the save button. There is a feature in your hosting provider that allows you to revert back to a backup prior to the time you accidentally changed the Global Parameter. This is the easiest way to resolve it.

Hope this makes sense.

@ruenel Thank you so much for your help! I wasn’t able to find the saved parameter in the database so maybe that wasn’t the issue… Not totally sure what happened, but I took your advice and restored the old version of the website. Luckily, I didn’t make any drastic changes prior to the critical error occurring, so restoring the old site worked. Again, thank you so much for your help and I’ll be sure to update if I ever identify what exactly occurred.

Hi Kevin,

Glad to know that it is working now.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.