Critical Error when attempting to Save changes on a Large Page in Cornerstone, X Theme

Critical Error when attempting to Save changes to page in Cornerstone, X Theme

I have worked extensively with my host (Bluehost) to troubleshoot and after escalating the support they say it is a problem with the Theme. I can create new pages in Cornerstone and edit existing pages, but my primary page with the most content is getting the generic "Uh-Oh Failed to save critical error on website…troubleshoot Wordpress ". We tried deactivating plugins, clearing the caches (this worked a couple of times but then stopped working). PHP memory is 512 MB. Please help as I have not been able to make any changes to this important section of my website for 10 days now. All updates have been run. Site is working fine on the front end.

Hey Hannah,

Thanks for reaching out!

There could be a plugin or custom code that affects your main page.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi Hannah,

Unfortunately, the given credentials are not working. Can you please check and send it once again ?

Thanks

Username is Themeco

Hello Hannah,

I tried to access your site but it seems that you have not given the administrator permission to this user account. I would suggest you please provide administrator permission to this user account so that we can check it on our end.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi Hannah,

By withdrawing the post, I believe you already have resolved the issue. If the issue still existed, you can let us know.

Thanks.

The issue persists. I withdrew a post that appeared to be public with my login information.

Hey Hannah,

I duplicated your Sales page and added a section and saved it to test if it will fail and it saved successfully.

Would you mind:

1. doing updates to that copy and
  2. publish the page?
  3. Then, make it as the sales page by setting your previous sales page that is not working to draft and renameing the Sales (Copy) as Sales and also update its slug to sales

If the issue will re-occurs, try removing Classic Elements and Widget Area elements in the page. I ask this to help narrow the issue if the cause is in an element in the page.

Thanks.

Hi Christian, that fixed it, thank you. I will keep in mind regarding narrowing down the elements in use if there is an issue going forward. Thanks!!

You are most welcome, Hannah.
We are glad @Christian was able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.