Critical error on your website message appears when trying to go back to dashboard after using the Pro Builder. Also Pro builder experiencing issues, save failed message when making changes

Hello,

After updating to Wordpress 5.5.3 I have noticed on one of my sites that when I am in the pro builder editing a page and I try to save, sometimes I get a message saying the save failed and when I press on back to Dashboard after editing the page in the builder I get a white screen with the notice that “There has been a critical error on your website”. I can press back and then press on dashboard again and it finally goes there properly.

Hello @MGoedhart,

Thanks for writing to us.

There might be a few different reasons for this issue, I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Permalink Issue
  5. Disabling Cache

If none of the above help, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thank you for the suggestions. I will try them and let you know.

Hello @MGoedhart,

You are welcome, please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Hello,

1. I have looked though the compatibility and so far only pro theme doesn’t show compatibility past 5.5, I’m at 5.5.3.
  2. I don’t have any css that might be causing this issue.
  3. I don’t have any permalink issues that I can tell.
  4. There is no cache plugin currently running at the moment. It’s set to off.
  5. As for plugin testing, I have a few that are extremely important for the operation of my site and I don’t want to disable them and break my site as the front end of the site is currently fine it’s just while I work in the builder I have issues. If I am in the content editor and I press the back to dashboard I receive the error but I can press the back button and then the dashboard button again and I’m back with no error. If I am editing global blocks and I press back to dashboard, I don’t get the error.
    I’m currently trying to set up a staging site so I can try out the plugin test so I don’t break my live site.

But I didn’t have this error in the builder until my site updated to Wordpress 5.5.3 though

Hi @MGoedhart,

Can you please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Apparently my issue isn’t happening anymore. I went into try a few things to see if it was just the page I was working on or all pages and now I can’t seem to replicate the problem. I thank you for your quick responses. If I encounter the problem again I will start a new thread. Thank you anyway.

Hi Melanie,

We’re glad that you’re not experiencing the issue anymore on your website. If you have any other concerns, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.