Critical Error on my website

Hi, I am workin on a website bnuild with X pro.
Works very well, only when I open backend for homepage there is an error message:
“There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox…”
Never receive any messages. Tried to deactivate all plug ins, but issue is still there.
Need an expert to check that page. Anyone here?

Tanks
Andre

Hello Andre,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of version compostability please make sure your theme, plugin, WordPress, and PHP version are updated. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Andre,

I have checked your website and didn’t find the issue you have described in your post. Can you please check once again and confirm if that still exists. If that exists, please let us know the steps to replicate at your end.

Thanks

@studio90419 Hi Andre,

Thank you for the credentials, I have reopened this topic for you. A couple of potential issues that I see on the site that could be the culprit of the critical error.

First, your version of PRO is a couple of updates behind (4.1.5), please update your PRO to the latest version.

How to Perform Automatic Updates

Second, a handful of your plugins are outdated, please update all your plugins to the latest versions.

How to Properly Update WordPress Plugins (Step by Step)

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi, u can check www.zum-weissen-zahn.de with the same login details.
This is the original site and on this page everything is updated.
Thanks for your help
Andre

Hi Andre,

I have checked your website with previously given credentials but didn’t find the Critical Issues there. Can you please check and let us know if that issue still exists?
If you find the issue, please let us know the steps to replicate it on your website.

Thanks

Hi, I posted u a videolink in the secure note. There u can see the issu.
Thanks

Hello Andre,

I checked your site staging site but it is not working at the moment. Please have a look at the given screenshot in the secure note. I went ahead and checked your live site, it seems that it is an issue of memory. They need memory to efficiently run multiple applications at the same time. Server administrators allocate specific memory sizes to different applications including PHP.

When your WordPress code requires more memory than the default allocated memory, you get to see this error. By default, WordPress automatically tries to increase the PHP memory limit if it is less than 64MB. However, 64MB is often not high enough. I checked your dashboard and it seems that the allowed memory size is 50M at the moment. You need to increase the memory size to 512M. Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

I tied to increase the PHP memory by adding code in the wp-config.php file but it is not working on your server. I would suggest you contact your hosting provider to increase the memory size.

Thanks

Hi thanks for checking.
It confuses me a little.
What has upload limit size to do with the PHP memory limit?

Best
Andre

Hi Andre,

Sorry for the confusion. The PHP memory limit is the thing that needs to have a higher amount because the fatal error is about allowed memory size. I went ahead and update your memory limit to 1024M in the wp-config.php and it fix your issue on your website.

Before:

After:

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

That´s great. Thanks

HI Andre,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.