Critical Error - hard to detect

Can you please take a look at my site: https://applegaragedoor.bluetroop.com. It was working fine with all plug-ins for many weeks, but within the past few days it started to display incorrectly (see attachement) on desktop browsers and it said “critical error” on the bottom of the page. I have made sure my host provider is running the most current version of PHP, made sure I have the most current versions of X and Cornerstone, and I went thru the exercise of shutting off all plug-ins and bringing them back one by one to isolate the issue. I’ve found 3 of them to cause this browser display issue, which is very unusual because I have used the same group of plug-ins on dozens of X theme web-sites I’ve created. Are you able to take a closer look with a fresh pair of eyes and see if I missed anything. Thank you in advance, more info to come…

Hi @bluetroop2,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have deactivated the Comment Disable plugin and it starts working perfectly fine. But, surprisingly after activating the same plugin error does not come back and the site is working fine.

NOTE: It might be some caching issue that cleared while deactivating the plugin.

Thanks

No, when I deactivate the Disable Comment plug-in, it still displays incorrectly. Could it be something else?

Hello @bluetroop2,

You have 10 plugins. If you deactivate 4 plugins, the issues to be resolved. As soon as you enable another plugin making it to 7 activate plugins, the error comes back. I guess this could be because of your server settings or something else. Can you please enable the debug mode? We might be able to see an error message on the site right away. If not, the error log could reveal where the problem is originating.

Hope this helps.

Hello, I ran the Debug WordPress plugin. Below is the error log. Can you interpret what it says?..

[11-Mar-2023 04:34:26 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Return type of Requests_Cookie_Jar::offsetExists($key) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetExists(mixed $offset): bool, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home3/bluetroop/applegaragedoor.bluetroop.com/wp-includes/Requests/Cookie/Jar.php on line 63
[11-Mar-2023 04:34:26 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Return type of Requests_Cookie_Jar::offsetGet($key) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetGet(mixed $offset): mixed, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home3/bluetroop/applegaragedoor.bluetroop.com/wp-includes/Requests/Cookie/Jar.php on line 73
[11-Mar-2023 04:34:26 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Return type of Requests_Cookie_Jar::offsetSet($key, $value) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetSet(mixed $offset, mixed $value): void, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home3/bluetroop/applegaragedoor.bluetroop.com/wp-includes/Requests/Cookie/Jar.php on line 89
[11-Mar-2023 04:34:26 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Return type of Requests_Cookie_Jar::offsetUnset($key) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetUnset(mixed $offset): void, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home3/bluetroop/applegaragedoor.bluetroop.com/wp-includes/Requests/Cookie/Jar.php on line 102
[11-Mar-2023 04:34:26 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Return type of Requests_Cookie_Jar::getIterator() should either be compatible with IteratorAggregate::getIterator(): Traversable, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home3/bluetroop/applegaragedoor.bluetroop.com/wp-includes/Requests/Cookie/Jar.php on line 111
[11-Mar-2023 04:34:26 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Return type of Requests_Utility_CaseInsensitiveDictionary::offsetExists($key) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetExists(mixed $offset): bool, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home3/bluetroop/applegaragedoor.bluetroop.com/wp-includes/Requests/Utility/CaseInsensitiveDictionary.php on line 40
[11-Mar-2023 04:34:26 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Return type of Requests_Utility_CaseInsensitiveDictionary::offsetGet($key) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetGet(mixed $offset): mixed, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home3/bluetroop/applegaragedoor.bluetroop.com/wp-includes/Requests/Utility/CaseInsensitiveDictionary.php on line 51
[11-Mar-2023 04:34:26 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Return type of Requests_Utility_CaseInsensitiveDictionary::offsetSet($key, $value) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetSet(mixed $offset, mixed $value): void, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home3/bluetroop/applegaragedoor.bluetroop.com/wp-includes/Requests/Utility/CaseInsensitiveDictionary.php on line 68
[11-Mar-2023 04:34:26 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Return type of Requests_Utility_CaseInsensitiveDictionary::offsetUnset($key) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetUnset(mixed $offset): void, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home3/bluetroop/applegaragedoor.bluetroop.com/wp-includes/Requests/Utility/CaseInsensitiveDictionary.php on line 82
[11-Mar-2023 04:34:26 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Return type of Requests_Utility_CaseInsensitiveDictionary::getIterator() should either be compatible with IteratorAggregate::getIterator(): Traversable, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home3/bluetroop/applegaragedoor.bluetroop.com/wp-includes/Requests/Utility/CaseInsensitiveDictionary.php on line 91[16-Mar-2023 18:38:13 UTC] PHP Deprecated: md5(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /home3/bluetroop/applegaragedoor.bluetroop.com/wp-content/mu-plugins/endurance-page-cache.php on line 763

Here is the one from onscreen:

Deprecated : preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home3/bluetroop/applegaragedoor.bluetroop.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 5397

Deprecated : trim(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /home3/bluetroop/applegaragedoor.bluetroop.com/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 598

Hi @bluetroop2,

I have checked your website thoroughly and found that the Notices are showing and are stopping showing once refreshed the page. I have also checked by deactivating the plugins and found the currently Inactive plugins are the reason behind your problem. If you activate any of them the problem comes again.
Can you please add the following code into the wp-config.php again for debugging setup and the error logged into the file name debug.log inside the wp-content folder?

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
//SET PHP INI DISPLAY ERROR FALSE
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

And share the debug.log file to check the error log in it. Please remember that we don’t support any 3rd Party plugin problem.

Thanks

I’ve just added the code to the wp-config.php file. I don’t really understand the next step.

I don’t understand why it all worked before with the plug-ins and now does not.

Hey @bluetroop2,

We cannot access the backend anymore due to the PHP Deprecated issue. Would you mind sharing with u the FTP access so that we can investigate further on the said issue? Please add the FTP credentials in a secure note.

Thank you.

More to come…

Hey @bluetroop2,

The WP dashboard is not accessible at the moment. You may need to use the FTP access and find the issue to be able to get back the WP Admin dashboard back online.

Thanks.

Will this help? More to come:

Hey @bluetroop2.

We couldn’t find the path of the website inside the FTP, please let us know where the file is located.

Thank you.

[applegaragedoor.bluetroop.com

Hey @bluetroop2,

I was able to fix the issue on your website but I am not quite sure how it was magically fixed. Here are the things I have done on your website.

• First, I disable the WP debug in the wp-config.php
  • I tried to disable all the plugins to check if the critical issue was resolved but no luck
  • I tried to activate another theme and but the issue still persists
  • I tried to uninstall the X theme and upload a fresh copy then activate it
  • I also install and activate the Cornerstone plugin

Hope that helps.

It may have just needed a fresh reinstall of the Theme or the builder? Somehow the first became corrupt?

Hey @bluetroop2,

It might be but we’re glad that you’re issue is now resolved.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.