Critical error for 'edit page' when Pro theme and updraft, formidable and yoast seo plugins active

Hi Theme co.

I have a consistent critical error when clicking on ‘edit page’.

I have narrowed down the issue by deactivating plugins and changing themes and have found that the error occurs when all of the following four are active:

1. Pro theme (child or original) - issue does not occur with wordpress 2021 theme
  2. Yoast SEO Plugin
  3. Formidable forms Plugin
  4. Updraftplus backups Plugin

If any of the above are deactivated then the issue stops.

I have reached out to formidable forms but because the issue doesn’t occur for wordpress 2021 theme they think it is not a problem with the formidable forms plugin.

These plugins are important and my site needs them.

I hope you can help.

Tamsin

Hello Tamsin,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your site it seems that the page builder is working fine at my end. I went ahead and clear the cache then check the page and it is working fine. Please note I did not deactivate any of the plugins that you mentioned.

Dashboard-‹-Joanna-North-Associates-—-WordPress

I would suggest you please clear your browser cache and then check it again. If the issue still persists please let us know.

Thanks

Thank you for looking at this. It is the ‘edit page’ option that causes a crash. So if you choose any page and go to ‘edit page’ not cornerstone.
Could you try that please and see if you get reach the usual wordpress edit page.

Thank you very much

Tamsin

Hey Tamsin,

I enable the WP debug on your website and the issue has something to do with the out of memory.

I suggest that you increase the WP memory limit. To do that, please check the link below.

After increasing the WP memory limit, please set the WP DEBUG to false.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thank you that appears to have solved the problem. Can I just ask how you turned debug on with only wordpress access? Should I turn it off from wordpress too or do I need to edit the config file?
Thanks

Hi @pyntolimited,

Glad that problem is resolved now. My colleague might have used any of the debugging plugins or set the WP_DEBUG value true in the wp-config.php file. I would suggest you remove the code from the wp-config.php file to avoid any further notice.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.