Critical error after migrating site

Hello! I have just migrated a site over from a dev site to the main domain and it’s showing a critical error on the front end. I can log into wp-admin and navigate the WP dashboard no problem but the front end will not load.

The dev site is on juniper.yourduenorth.co.uk – the live site is thejuniperrooms.co.uk. I have enabled debugging and PHP error messages.

Very confusing, not an issue I have come across before!

Hey Ross,

Thanks for reaching out!

Since you can login to the backend, I suggest that you reinstall the Pro theme. Here are the things you can do:

• Go theme page and activate another theme ( this will allow you to delete the Pro )
  • Delete Pro
  • Download the latest version of Pro in your themeco account
  • Upload and activate the Pro

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi – sorry no this did not fix the issue. I tried reinstalling the theme before and then tried again doing a delete then reinstall but this didn’t sort the problem either. Please find the login in the secure note.

Many thanks!

Hi Ross,

I have checked your website and found that you are using the 5.1.4, I would request you update it to the latest version i.e. 5.1.5 by following the way suggested by my colleague Marc, and check if that resolves your issue.

Screenshot 2022-07-06 191827

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi Tristup,

Sorry this didn’t solve the issue either. Could it be to do with the configuration of the dev site? I have provided a login via the secure note here.

Thanks,
Ross

Hello Ross,

Thanks for sharing the login details I went ahead and checked both of your sites it seems that there is an issue with the version compatibility, I would suggest you please contact your hosting provider to downgrade the live server PHP version to 7.4 as per our version compatibility page and same as your staging server.

Thanks

Hi, thanks for this information. I have downgraded the php but this hasn’t solved the issue either. Some of the content is loading on the front end but it’s still showing a lot of error messages. Seems the issue is something to do with Cornerstone not loading properly?

Hi Ross,

I have seen that the Warning is showing on your site, which might be due to the WP_DEBUG being set to true in your wp-config.php file. I would suggest you set WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY false in the wp-config.php and clear all types of cache including the server level cache by contacting your Hosting Service provider and check if that resolves your problem.

NOTE: Please find the video that will help you to edit wp-config.php and add the above code: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SDPTafEM8o

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi Tristup,

Thanks for this – I have changed the settings and cleared the cache and this has also had no effect whatsoever. It seems to suggest there’s an issue with the theme? I tried reinstalling the theme again just out of curiosity and noticed this error when I uploaded and installed it again – could this be part of the problem?

Thanks,
Ross

Hello Ross,

According to your given screenshot, it seems that there is an issue with server configuration, it seems that you need to increase the max_execution_time. I would suggest you please consult your web host for all these server settings

PHP configuration recommended

memory_limit = 512M
upload_max_filesize = 512M
post_max_size = 512M
max_execution_time = 300
max_input_time = 300

In case after setting the server configured correctly if it doesn’t work properly, I would suggest you please share FTP/Cpanel details.

Hope it helps
Thanks

I have spoken to my host and they have confirmed the max_execution_time is already set to 300. They reckon the error showing in the screenshot can be ignored.

Looking at the error messages I wondered if there was an issue with the fonts/colours – when I go to the Cornerstone > Theme Options and then try Fonts / Colours, the options are blank and I can’t add any. I wonder if this is causing the issues as the site is trying to refer to a colour or font selection that simply isn’t there?

Can you have a look at this with the login provided for thejuniperrooms.co.uk? This is a very strange situation I’ve not come up against this before.

Thanks,
Ross

Hi Ross,

I have discussed this with my colleague Rad and after a discussion, he suspect that improper migration might be a reason behind your issue. I would suggest you migrate it once again after going through the following article.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thanks for this Tristup – I did a little digging and think the issue was down to the database not migrating properly using a simple migration tool. I manually exported/imported the database and transferred the files via FTP and got the site up and running successfully. Thank you for your help with this though, it’s much appreciated.

Hi Ross,

Glad that we are able to help you with this.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.