Creating a WooCommerce start page Pro layout with a product category looper with title and image

Hi,
as asked here (see link) I need the possibility of creating a WooCommerce start page Pro layout with a product category looper with title and image, too.

Can you say, when it will be available?
I am quite surprised, that this feature, that seems to me to be a basic one, is not implemented yet.
Hope you are fast as always! :slight_smile:
Best regards,
Hannes

1 Like

Hey Hannes,

Regretfully, we don’t have a timeline for that yet. But, if you need a graphic for the product categories now, you can use ACF Pro.

First set up an image field for product categories. See https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/adding-fields-taxonomy-term/

Use the ACF Term in the Image element or any element with image option.

Hope that helps.

Hey @christian

Please bump this feature request up the list if you can.

My issue (very similar to the above) is that I am trying to ‘loop’ in multiple Category icons per product into their Single Product page layout to show the visitor what Categories the product sits within (which can be more than one).

Other than the above possible workaround, is there a specific ‘meta’ that is globally applicable to WooCommerce - similar to {{dc:post:featured_image_id}} for the Feature Image - that can pull through the Product Category image(s)?

In the event that the above isn’t available. How do you recommend using ACF and Pro to implement a ‘loop’ of multiple icons/images relevant to a single product?

Thanks for your assistance,
Sam

Hello Sam,

Please check out the reply of @Alexander on this thread:

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.