Creating a new pro homepage without shutting current down

Hi there, we just purchased pro.

How could we start working on the new page without having to shut down the old page which runs a different wp theme?

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for reaching out.

This is impossible to do, If you have your homepage built on a different theme and then you want to create a new homepage using Pro, the old homepage will be broken when you activate the Pro theme because your old theme and Pro theme have a different foundation of styling. I suggest that you copy your website into a staging area then do the edits there and once you are done with your new homepage using Pro, push all your changes to your live site.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

@marc_a Thanks for your answer. By “staging area” you mean in our case to create some kind of subdomain like beta.followme.aero, install wp there and when I am done moving all things to followme.aero. Is this easy to do? Because everything we would set up has the reference to the subdomain and not the real one.

You see, I am pretty new with it…

Thanks for your help

Hi Andreas,

Yes, creating a subdomain will do. Migrating your website to your follow.aero from your beta.followme.aero is just an easy thing to do, please check this docs on how to do it.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

@marc_a Hi Marc, thank you for your help!

Hello Andreas,

Glad that we were able to help you.

Have a great day!
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.