Creating a new 'grid' with The Grid sets all pages to newly created grid

Hello,

I’m working with X Theme Version 5.1.1 and am noticing that anytime I create a grid in The Grid plugin, all pages that are utilizing some sort grid (from The Grid) are set to the aforementioned newly created grid. It seems fine if I go back and change them manually, but as soon as I add a new grid all pages with a grid are set to the newly created grid.

Any ideas?

2 Likes

Hi There,

Thanks for this information. Are you using the grid shortcode on a page or using cornerstone element? To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL of the page in question. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

Thank you.

I’ve been implementing The Grid through the Cornerstone element. Here is a page:

http://comdoc.cerebral-marketing.com/offerings-xerox-altalink-c8045/
(Grid element is halfway down page, titled “Product Gallery”)

Here is what I’m finding:

The page listed above is currently showing the desired grid from The Grid. However, if I go into Cornerstone it is displaying the most recent Grid created, which is a product catalog that I am working on. If I leave it as is, and do not save the page from within Cornerstone, the live page is fine. The problem I have is that if I were to make edits and Save the page in Cornerstone it will be displaying the most recently created Grid.

Hopefully I’m making sense, as it appears to be an odd quirk.

Hi there,

Thanks for the explanation, got it. But I like to check it personally too as I’m not having that issue in my installation. Please provide your login credentials in a secure note, maybe it’s just due to object cache or transients.

Thanks!

I also had this experience with The Grid shotcode changing one one page when a new Grid was created and inserted on another page, so it is not just you!

Hi There,

Please try opening a new thread. Then on a secure note provide your site URL, credentials and page with the grid so we can investigate.