Creating a custom Standard or Expanded Demo

I have not been able to find a way to this, so hopefully, I can find an answer here.

I enjoy being able to import either a standard or expanded demo from a fresh install, but I would like to know how to create my own. It would be very useful to me to be able to create an entire site and save it as a custom demo that I can later import into a new install.

I understand there are workarounds such as saving templates, but there are limitations to that. Any resources or documentation that I may have missed in regards to this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Regretfully all of our demo sites were specifically coded and integrated in the theme’s panel. I can only recommend that you create a staging site, do your site changes, settings, pages or build the site as a whole and then use a 3rd party plugin like WP Clone (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-clone-by-wp-academy/). With this plugin, you can create a backup which would serve as your custom demo site backup. You can use the saved backup as your restore point to create or recreate your custom demo in other or new site that you will be creating.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks for your reply.

Your suggestion is my current workflow. WPEngine makes this type of thing very easy, but non technical members of the team do not understand how to do that, so using an importable demo would be much easier for them.

I understand the limitation however, and it is not a huge issue. Thanks again.

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.