Create Single Page Just Containing WooCoomerce Categories

Hi,

I would like to ask for SPECIFIC instructions on how I can use loopers in a archive page for WooCommerce Categories.

I had asked previously but have been away and the thread was auto closed down.

I have Categories for WooCommerce, which then have no products, but have Sub Categories,

I want to be able to display these on a page.

Sadly, the last support I had really was very generic and did not contain actual information that I could use, or at least figure out how to use on the particular query.

This is an extract of my previous query:

Main Category = “Mens Clothes”
Sub Categories would then be Shirts, Trousers, Suits, Shoes, Sweaters etc…

Mens Clothes >> Shirts >> Products

Trousers >> Products
Suits >> Products
Shoes >> Products
Sweaters >> Products

repeat for Womens Clothes

repeat Childrens Clothes

The person who “dealt” with the query suggested I watch the following video’s - (which didn’t help as they were relating to blog posts and not woocommerce categories) - hence my question about SPECIFIC support…

These were the videos that were suggested -

Thanks in advance for SPECIFIC support and not GENERIC support :slight_smile:

Hey @GlennCowan,

I went back to your previous thread and what you want which is display the Parent / Top Level Product Categories only would require creating a Custom Looper which can only be done by a 3rd party developer.

With that said, I’d recommend going back to the WooCommerce setup and not use the Layout Builder as my colleague Prakash suggested. Choose Show Categories only so it will only display category links and not the products.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

I tried to use your suggestion of “going back to the WooCommerce setup”; however, nothing is shown on the shop page when selecting categories in the customizer area.

Hi @GlennCowan,

You should be able to output the subcategories with Current Post Terms + Product Categories, however, please make sure the category has at least one product assign to it and the product itself is visible to the frontend (e.g. In stock) or it won’t show up.

If that does not work, try the custom looper solution, provided here.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi,

The category doesn’t have any products directly assigned to it.

What I am hoping to achieve is that when the category is selected it then opens up a new page which shows all of the sub-categories. Only once the sub categories have been clicked would we see products.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks!

I took a look at the link that you provided (WC sub-categories in "Terms (cloud)") and would ask if you could help me with understanding how to set it up.

I am really struggling with trying to deal with this and find it hard to follow what the process is. The anchor point that you sent me sent me straight into the part about modifying the child theme functions.php file.

Thanks,

Hi @GlennCowan,

If you are trying to create a Custom Looper method, you need to add the method suggested in the reference thread into your child theme’s functions.php file and then you need to call the method into the Looper Provider as shown in the screenshot given by my colleague in that thread. If you are not proficient, I would suggest you hire a developer who can assist you with this

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.