Create Page Just Containing WooCoomerce Categories

Please can I get some advice on how best to create a page that just displays the top-line (not sub categories and not individual products) categories in my shop. I tried to look at loopers and layouts, but just can’t seem to make sense of this for exactly what I need.

Have trawled through the forum and can’t seem to see this exact question.

I have 6 main categories and I would like to show these in the form of an image and a title.

Thanks in advance!

Hello @GlennCowan,

Thanks for writing to us.

In case if you want to display that product category on the shop page with a title, you don’t need Looper support.

Please follow these steps

Click on Appearance > Customize
Then go to WooCommerce > Product Catalog
Select “Show categories” from Shop Page Display
Click on Save Changes

Customize-Shop-Barber-Site

Hope it helps
Thanks

Thanks for the response,

I have done that and it shows all the products and not the categories…

Will add you so that you can take a look.

Thanks,

Hello @GlennCowan,

Thanks for sharing the credentials, I went ahead and checked your site it seems that you have not assigned any product to the parent category. If you would not assign any product to the parent category it would not list the category on the shop page. I would suggest you assign the product to the parent category and then check it again.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi @prakash_s

I might not have explained so you understand what I am trying to achieve. Let me add some more info.

I have 6 top line categories that have no products in them, and below them we then have sub-categories.

I would like to be able to have the Shop page that just shows the 6 top line categories, then when someone clicks on the category they are then able to view all of the sub categories, only at the point of entering one of these sub categories do they then see the products.

What is the best way to handle this?

Here is the structure so it might make more sense

Shop>>

Cat A >> Sub Cat A >> Products
Cat A>> Sub Cat B >> Products
Cat A >> Sub Cat C >> Products

etc etc.

An easier way to understand this would be something like the following

Main Category = “Mens Clothes”
Sub Categories would then be Shirts, Trousers, Suits, Shoes, Sweaters etc…

Mens Clothes >> Shirts >> Products
>> Trousers >> Products
>> Suits >> Products
>> Shoes >> Products
>> Sweaters >> Products

repeat for Womens Clothes

repeat Childrens Clothes

With this client they don’t want to have separate menu items that feature, Cat A, Cat B, Cat C, Cat D, Cat E, Cat F.

They want this to be able to be visible on one “shop” type page.

Hello @GlennCowan,

The first response of @Prakash_s is on point. Normally, you can display both the category and then the products in the shop index. The only problem is that only categories that are not empty will be displayed. If you want to display those empty categories, you will have to use custom coding in order to do that. Perhaps this article can help you:

Another option for you will be is the Layout Builder. You are using the Pro theme and this theme has the Layout Builder which you can use to create a custom shop index and product category archives that you want. If you are not familiar with the Layout Builder yet, check out these videos:

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.