Create Page Template with Portfolio Settings

http://www.courageouscaterpillar.com/adventures/

I’m using the “X” Ethos them. I’d like to create a custom page template for my child theme that includes both content from Cornerstone Builder above and a grid of portfolio items below (Header and Footer included). I’d like it to be based on template-blank-4.php and incorporate template-layout-portfolio.php portfolio content (filter and items). I’ve tried different ways of merging the content of the two php files together. None of them seem to get the “Portfolio Setting” section to show up on the page when the custom template is applied in Page Attributes. What am I missing

Any help or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

TEMPLATE-BLANK-4.PHP

<?php // ============================================================================= // VIEWS/ETHOS/TEMPLATE-BLANK-4.PHP (No Container | Header, Footer) // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- // A blank page for creating unique layouts. // ============================================================================= ?> <?php get_header(); ?>
>
    <?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
      <?php the_content(); ?>
      <?php x_link_pages(); ?>
    <?php endwhile; ?>

  </div>
</article>
<?php get_footer(); ?>

TEMPLATE-LAYOUT-PORTFOLIO.PHP

<?php // ============================================================================= // VIEWS/ETHOS/TEMPLATE-LAYOUT-PORTFOLIO.PHP // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- // Portfolio page output for Ethos. // ============================================================================= ?> <?php get_header(); ?>
    <?php x_portfolio_filters(); ?>
    <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_portfolio' ); ?>

  </div>

  <?php get_sidebar(); ?>

</div>
<?php get_footer(); ?>

Hi There,

Portfolio Settings is added via function on the admin part of the theme and not on the template. Template files content are just for view or what we can see on the frontend. Adding those settings on a custom template is possible with customization that is outside the scope of our support.

What I can suggest instead is to use The Grid or Essential Grid to build the display of Portfolio. Those extension has filters too. Then add it on the page using the element available on Cornerstone.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m accomplishing this using Essential Grid now.

http://courageouscaterpillar.com/adventures/

You are always welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.