Create a optin bar that runs under my homepage slider but goes the width of content and sidebar

Hi

I am looking to create my optin as a bar running underneath my homepage slider and above the current ‘Recent Posts’ / sidebar. So it will sit in the centre of the page.
If you look at my homepage you will see i have an optin that is the width of the ‘Recent Posts’. I want this to stretch so it’s above the sidebar too.

Can you tell me how i can do this?

Alternatively, is there a way of creating a clickable optin on top of my slider that is like a bar running along the bottom?

Thanks so much for you help.

Liz :slight_smile:

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

That’s possible, please add this code to your child theme’s functions.php

add_action('x_after_view_global__slider-below', 'display_optin_form', 99999 );

function display_optin_form () {

echo do_shortcode('your optin shortcode here');

}

Replace your optin shortcode here with your opt-in shortcode.

Thanks!

Thanks Rad,
I have tried this but only the code appears on the homepage. I’m not sure what i’m doing :slight_smile:
Thanks heaps.

Hi Rad,

I have figured out how to get the optin underneath the slider but on my laptop I need to scroll up to see the optin and on the large monitor there is a large white gap between the slider and the optin.

Is there any way we could …

  1. Make the slider / page responsive so that it looks the same on each device.
  2. Remove the gap that appears on the large monitor without sending the homepage out of alignment when viewed on a laptop?

I will attach screenshots of both monitors to explain what I mean.

Thanks heaps.

Hi there,

Those issues are because of this existing CSS

.rev_slider .tp-bgimg.defaultimg {
    background-position: center center !important;
    max-height: 800px;
}

Setting their dimension and position statically is against from being responsive. Please remove that :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi Rad,
Just removed the CSS but nothing seems to have changed. Is there anything else i can try?
:slight_smile:

Actually disregard. All fixed. Thank you so much for all your help :slight_smile:

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.