Create a link between two elements

Hi there

i am developing a website at the moment and I would like to find out how to create a link between two elements so the behave in the same way

Fundamentally I have inserted a button item and I would like the headline that sits above this to change colour when I hover over the button. In other words I want the headline text to behave in the same way as the button when I hover over the button. Can you please let me know how I would achieve this?

Thanks

Nikos

hi there,

Thanks for writing in!

We are really sorry but that feature doesn’t available in the theme. You need custom code to do that.
Which is beyond our theme support scope.
You can achieve this via custom JS. Here is an example code which may help you.

jQuery("#button-id").hover(function(){
    $(#heading-id).css("color", "yellow");
});

You can add your button ID and heading ID in the place.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Thanks. Where or how do I find the relvant Id’s?

Hello @greekniko,

Thanks for updating.

You need to give id to the elements. I have recorded a screencast that you can take a look. I have tried to show how you can assign id to classic and V2 element. https://cloudup.com/cCdb8--I8u1

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.