Create a grid of bookmars

Hello,

I’m trying to create a bookmarks page on my site but can’t quite get what I want. The goal is to have a page with a grid on it, and each element of the grid should be an external link, with the title and image of the content it links to. (a bit like Pocket or Wallabag, but made public)

Right now, I tried RSS aggregators to import my Pocket RSS feed, create posts based on the RSS feed and display the posts with The Grid. But I can’t get elements in the grid to directly link to an external site instead of to the wordpress post.

Any idea how I can achieve the desired result?

Thank you in advance for your help.

NC

Hey there,

The Grid accepts RSS as source. You can get from different RSS sources by comma separating feeds URLs.

Tested it and it works. It links to the external site in a new tab.

Please see The Grid documentation for usage instructions.

Thanks.

Hey,

Thanks a lot for the answer!

I did test, and having the tiles with external links now indeed works!

However, I use my Pocket feed, and the images don’t come up in Wordpress. Any idea if that can be managed? Or if simply the Pocket feed doesn’t deliver the images? What solution did you use for you test here?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

NC

Please kindly use one of the Wordpress built-in RSS systems. For more information:

https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Feeds

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer! However I think what you refer to is the Wordpress feed, meaning the RSS feed from my Wordpress site, which is not what I am talking about.

I am creating a page with links on it, based on an incoming RSS feed (from Pocket - getpocket.com). I would like to be able to display the image linked to each article on my Wordpress page, which is built with The Grid, which imports my RSS feed automatically. If it’s possible to grab these images at all…

Basically, here’s what my page looks like:

And I would like it to display the article images like the screenshot in the first answer.

Thank for your help!

Hi there,

I see if the feed uses the standard protocol such as Atom, then The Grid will show images. Would you please kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your website and if possible your getpocket.com user/pass using the Secure Note functionality of the post, so that we can check the case and give you a correct answer regarding the RSS feed which you are using?

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.