Create a Button to latest Post

How would I go about linking a button to my latest blog post? I would like the link to goto the full LATEST post no matter how long it is

Hello @Jbuckmas,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

You need to activate full post content from X > Launch > Blog > Content. Toggle Enable Full Post Content on Index there.

After to link button with latest post, you can add the URL of the blog page on button. https://cloudup.com/ckxKEdBENMk

Thanks.

But then I have to change that buttons link every time a new blog is posted, I want the button to permanently go to the latest blog even after the new blog is uploaded

Hi There,

Use this shortcode instead, place it in a Content Area element or Raw Content element.

[x_recent_posts count="1" no_image="true" class="x-btn rps-btn"]

This will output a Recent posts element showing your most recent post, it will look like a button.

Then add this to Theme Options > CSS to clean the styling.

.x-recent-posts.rps-btn a {
	background-color: transparent;
	border-width: 0;
}
.x-recent-posts.rps-btn .h-recent-posts {margin-bottom: 0;}
.x-recent-posts.rps-btn .x-recent-posts-date {display: none;}

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.