Crafty theme image sizing issue

Hello,

I am trying to replace the image in the “personal space in the open office” section of the crafty theme. I want my whole image to be shown, but right now it is cut off and I don’t know how to re-size it or adjust the space where the image goes to fit the whole image. I’ve tried several things and gone through the forum. I basically want to “fit to size” for the space so it fills it, but isn’t massively cropped (now only about a 1/4 of the image shows). Hope this makes sense.
Thank you for your help.

Hello Stephanie,

Thanks for writing in!

The background image were inserted in the Column element.

The size is to Cover which will then cover the whole column only. You can change it to contain to display the whole image and make sure to disable the parallax option. If this is not helping, please provide us your WP credentials so we can check your element settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hey Stephanie,

Thanks for updating in!

1.) The shadow is coming from your Bar element settings.

Simply edit your custom header and click the Bar element. You can turn OFF the “Box Shadow” option to get rid of the shadow that is displaying below your header.

2.) Actually the background image is displaying correctly. It covers the column perfectly.

The space above it is coming from the 45 pixel top padding that you have added in the Section, (Section > Design > Padding) element. Do you want to display it like this?

If that is the case, you need to remove the background image from the Column element and put the background image in the Section element instead. You will then have to set the size to auto 100% and position it to the right center. Perhaps this video can help you:

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Thank you! I removed the padding that was there (not sure how/why I put that in) and now it is how I wanted it. I also removed the box shadow from the header and made the background the same as the rest of the page and that fixed that shadow problem. Thanks for all your help!

Hello Stephanie,

Glad that @ruenel was able to help you please feel free to open a new thread if you have any more concerns.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.