CPT Single Layout not working

I cannot get my Event CPT to use the Single Layout I’ve created for it using Cornerstone. Here is a Loom Video providing all the details.

As you’ll see in the video, I am able to preview my work just fine but when I actually go to look at the event page it is a completely blank screen. I’ve tried to go to the permalink page to see if that would flush the cache or something but it didn’t appear to do anything. I really need to get this page live right away so I appreciate any help. Thanks!

Hello @Xtremefaith,

Thanks for writing to us.

To help you with your concerns we need to check your settings, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello @Xtremefaith,

Thanks for sharing the login details it seems that there is an issue with the cache I went ahead and purged all the cache from the WP Engine–>Caching. It is working fine on my end now. Please clear your browser cache and recheck it on your end.

Thanks

1 Like

AWESOME! Thanks so much, I was really hoping it was something like that because I was doing all the things that made sense in the tool so I was afraid if the answer was going to be much more complicated.

@prakash_s I’ve tried to clear the Cornerstone system cache but nothing seems to explain why the front-end shows what’s expected (as seen in your screenshot) but in Cornerstone’s view the presentation is shown as a link (as seen in this screenshot). Any ideas as to why?

Hey Nicholas,

You have inserted this code:

<div class="">
	<div class="presentation col-2">
		[pdf-embedder url="https://example.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/07/C28-Kickoff-Presentation.pdf" title="C28 Kickoff Presentation" width="50%"]
	</div>
	<div class="video-player col-2">
		[video width="1728" height="1118" mp4="https://example.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/07/C28-Kickoff-Meeting.mp4"][/video]
	</div>
</div>

The PDF shortcode was not rendered because it is not supported by the builder.

Best Regards.

@ruenel thanks for that. I’m not trying a new solution but when I load {{dc:post:meta key="video"}} into the video component’s source it’s not working because it’s returning the File ID instead of the URL which is what ACF is configured to do. I noticed this in a few instance that CS doesn’t seem to fetch the correct value.

Therefore a couple questions I have:

1. Is this a bug or limitation of CS’s implementation of ACF?
  2. Can I pass a parameter to the {{dc:post:meta key="video"}} call that would change the output (similar to format or type when I had a date value {{dc:post:meta key="date" format="F j, Y" type="date"}})

Also, it was never addressed that the Header and Footer do not appear on this page even though the Header and Footer is enabled.

Hi Nicholas,

I have checked the Single Event page and found the Header and Footer are appearing properly. If you are still facing the same issue, please provide any screenshot marked with the issue or any video that helps us to recognize the problem.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.