Counter Shortcode stopped working. Affected several thousands of articles

Hi, I have a big problem. I’ve been manually adding the “Counter Shortcode” (still recommended here: demo.theme.co/ethos-1/shortcodes/counter/ ) for two years in several thousands of articles. Suddenly it stopped working with the latest update (Cornerstone, I guess) and now it just looks silly with an seperate, non-animated “0” in the middle of all articles.
Example: https://www.mkse.com/2016/05/24/inuse-topprekryterar-fran-cpb-scandinavia-inom-customer-journey-mapping

Neither the new [x_counter …] code works…

How could I get back the dynamic animation easily for all those posts?

Hey,

Thanks for writing in and we’re sorry to hear that you seem to be experiencing some issues with things at the moment. This element should work normally, so, you need to check somethings:

  1. Disable all of the plugins to see if there are any plugin conflicting with our page builder.
  2. Ensure if you`re using the current version of our products (theme and plugin).
  3. Check if you added some custom code - if yes, remove it and check the page again

After these three steps, the issue persists yet? Provide to us your WP credentials in a secure note.

Sincerely,
John T.

I solved it. Seems like Chrome / Firefox doesn’t like Cloudflare / Rocketloader after the update. For public knowledge.

Glad to hear you found a solution.

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.