Could not find icon : <acf-icon-name> (ACF issue after theme updates)

After installing Pro updates, I get a bunch of notices like this one. One for each icon that is used on the site:

Example: Could not find icon : star-half-alt @ /wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/assets/svg/font_awesome/solid/star-half-stroke.svg

On the frontend all icons are gone and I have to go in and switch the used icon categories off and back on to get the icons to show on the frontend again. This happens after each Pro update.

It’s set to use SVGs. All caches cleared after updates. It only happens on the one site I’ll mention in the secure note.

Hello @JvP,

Thanks for writing to us.

This warning appears because Font Awesome v6 renamed legacy icon keys (e.g., star-half-alt became star-half-stroke). During updates, Cornerstone looks up cached icon paths, and stale transients cause it to miss the SVG file until toggling categories forces an index rebuild.

I would suggest you go to Cornerstone->Settings->Cache->Clear Cache.

Hope it helps
Thanks

After every Pro update?

Hello @JvP,

It is always best practice to clear all levels of cache—including the theme style cache, caching plugins, server object cache, and CDN—after an update to ensure new code and assets render properly.

Thanks

I know, and I do that. However on this site the issue keeps popping up.