Correct snippet not showing up in search results for page built with cornerstone (using Yoast)

HI there,

I’ve just entirely redesigned one of my most important pages, building it from the ground up using cornerstone. It looks a lot better, but there’s a big problem…

The snippet isn’t showing up correctly in search results.

For most of my other posts and pages I’ve been using Yoast to change page and post titles and snippets etc, but yoast isn’t working on this page.

What can I do to force the correct snippet to show up in search results? This page pulls hundreds of visitors from search a day, and it’s dropping in rankings because irrelevant information is showing up instead of the proper page snippet.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give…
Lisa

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

What do you mean by search results? In google search results? You may need to contact Yoast plugin author to find out what’s causing this issue. There are known issue between v2 element and Yoast. But that’s only internal and your site’s data/information should have remain visible from search engines, unless your Yoast is not properly configured.

I checked your site and it’s displaying a chrome update page even though my chrome browser is in the latest version. Have you installed it on your site? Or is it a malware?

Thanks!

Um, I have no idea why that would show up. Thank you for checking. I’m going to sound hopelessly inexperienced here, but where should I start trying to figure out why that would show up on that URL?

Hi there,

I’m able to see your site now, that was weird. I checked your site and I’m not really sure what snippet you’re expecting to see in search result. Please note that Yoast is SEO related plugin which only changes the information visible to search engines and not for site’s search result.

But if you’re referring to google search result, or any search engine result and it’s not appearing correctly then I recommend contacting Yoast author. As they are the only one that have control over SEO data.

Thanks!

OK, I’ll contact YOAST. This is a pretty big concern–that the latest version of Cornerstone is not playing nicely with YOAST–for people that use YOAST though, and I know a lot of people do. Please could you add this to the list of things for the developers to consider looking into. Thanks.

Hey There,

Your feedback has been noted. Our developers will be made aware of this for further investigation also.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.