Correct Image Size Using Classic Slider

I am saying that there is no “medium” size selection for these images. Lazy load is already enabled.

Hi @verobeachmarketing,

The sizes aren’t available because you might not have defined the image sizes in the WordPress settings. To do that navigate to WP Admin > Settings > Media and specify the image sizes, next install Regenerate Thumbnails plugin.

Once you install and activate this plugin, a new option is added under the menu: Tools > Regenerate Thumbnails, simply click it and let the plugin do its job.

After thumbnails are generated you should be able to get different sizes of your image, just select the one that is required.

To learn more, please go through these articles https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/wordpress-images-sizes and https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-additional-image-sizes-in-wordpress/

Hope this helps!

Medium image is set. Honestly, the large image is only 1900 px. Why can’t I just use that? What does large to medium matter in this case?

Hello @verobeachmarketing,

I would suggest you purge all the cache then use the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin to generate the image in the proper size as assign in the settings.

Yes, the image dimension does matter when it comes to image size. So if you insert the image as a medium it would reduce the image size so that it loads fast.

I would also suggest you optimize the image through the Autoptimize plugin. Please have a look at this article to learn more how it works.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Yes of course I want the image to load fast but that is not the issue here. It is that the image dimensions are not being specified and that is the performance issue.

I will do as you suggest to test but ultimately I will still have the same error since that part of the code is not changing.

I am already using Autoptimze. I also already have a CDN.

I did as suggested and regenerated all images and the issues remains as suspected.

Please temporarily disable your Autoptimize and CDN plugins. Make the necessary changes in your slider images and test your site. Once you are satisfied with the slider image size, you can reactivate the plugins. If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Details added.

Hi @verobeachmarketing,

Inside those sliders, the largest image width can be is 1480px. Re-upload a 1600px width images and those will resolve the said issue.

And check the image CDN that you’re using, it might have an option to do this resizing automatically.

Don’t forget to clear the cache after.

Cheers,

The images have been resized, uploaded, and replaced in the classic slider. The issue remains.

There are 6 images with 1600 pixel width. It consists of 82% (3.4 MB in total) of the page size of 4.1MB. You can check the details here: https://tools.pingdom.com/#5e53c808e7400000

Resize again the image to at least 1480 pixel width so that it will be a lot smaller thus will give you more estimated saving time.

This is what I understood you wanted from your response “Re-upload a 1600px width images and those will resolve the said issue.”

I will re-try the images at 1480 and report back.

Hi @verobeachmarketing,

Great and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Resized images to 1480 and as suspected nothing changed. I also did research about the 1480 max image size and found nothing online anywhere in google searches.

Hi @verobeachmarketing,

I have tested the website in GTMatrix and didn’t find the issue mentioned in your screenshot. If you check the point mentioned in the Google Page Insight, it is expecting the image to be uploaded through the WordPress media rather than using the CDN. I would suggest you deactivate the CDN or follow the instruction in GTMatrix from the following URL.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

It was uploaded via Wordpress. The CDN just serves it. The code is set to local path etc. I can turn off the CDN. So far none of your recommendations make any sense. Maybe you want to hand off this inquiry to a colleague?

Hi @verobeachmarketing,

This issue is outside the scope of our theme support because it is related to site performance. We will just give you a piece of advice on how you can fix the issue about properly size images.

First, let talk about the image called couch3-1.jpeg.

The actual size of that image you uploaded in the WordPress Media Library is 1480 by 701 pixels but on your website, the maximum dimension displayed on that image is just 1472 by 697 pixels. See attached screenshot below on where did I get that dimension.

So in order to fix the issue on properly size images, you need to adjust the dimension of your images to that dimension 1472 by 697 pixels. If you wonder how to get the proper dimension you needed for each our your images, just right-click the image and inspect the element.

You can also use the tool below for compressing your images before uploading them to your website.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

First you said 1600, then you said 1480 and now you are saying 1472?

Hi @verobeachmarketing,

As my colleague says that this issue is related to the page performance and beyond the scope of our theme support, and we can only provide you the suggestion which may help you to acheive what you are expecting, but we can’t guarantee it works for you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.