Cornestone error - sidebar page error

Hi
Wordpress send me a warning message for Cornestone plugin having an error.
The sidebar page have the following error:

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_element_language_details() on null in /home/customer/www/renaskigi.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/extend/custom-sidebars.php:379 Stack trace: #0 /home/customer/www/renaskigi.org/public_html/wp-admin/includes/template.php(1389): ups_sidebar_do_meta_box(Object(WP_Post), Array) #1 /home/customer/www/renaskigi.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/extend/custom-sidebars.php(321): do_meta_boxes(Object(WP_Screen), ‘normal’, NULL) #2 /home/customer/www/renaskigi.org/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(292): ups_sidebars_do_page(’’) #3 /home/customer/www/renaskigi.org/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(316): WP_Hook->apply_filters(’’, Array) #4 /home/customer/www/renaskigi.org/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(484): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #5 /home/customer/www/renaskigi.org/public_html/wp-admin/admin.php(259): do_action(‘appearance_page…’) #6 /home/customer/www/renaskigi.org/public_html/wp-admin/themes.php(10): in /home/customer/www/renaskigi.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/extend/custom-sidebars.php on line 379

I found also that when I try to change the mainpage to a diferent language it doesn’t show the mainpage of this language… but a totally different page.

Can you help me

Hey @Imaginato,

Thanks for writing in! This could mean that you are using an outdated Cornerstone version. Could you please update to the latest versions? Our latest versions are:

• X theme 8.2.3
  • Cornerstone 5.2.3
  • WordPress 5.7
  • PHP 7.4

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If the updates is NOT helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello @Imaginato,

It appears that you are using an older version of the WPML plugin. You are using 4.2 and the latest is 4.4. Please have it updated because the Sidebars is calling out a function for the latest version of WPML

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hello

I upgrade those plugin, but didn’t solve the issue…

Can you help me?

Hello @Imaginato,

I suspect that this is a conflict between the latest version of the theme and WPML. I’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it. Please bear with us.

In the meantime, you can temporarily deactivate the WPML plugin if you need to assign a custom sidebar in some parts of your site.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.