Cornerstone, WPML, and custom JS/CSS

After the recent Cornerstone updates, the spanish version of my pages no longer save my custom JS or CSS. For example, this page: https://www.syntorial.com/es/compre-ahora-lifetime/

You’ll see the JS and CSS are blank. Add some code, save it, refresh the page, and code is gone.

Hi @holdenhinkle,

Thanks for reaching out.
Please note that a few hours ago we have released another version of the theme with some fixes, I would recommend you to update your theme to the latest one.
I would also suggest you follow the below steps while updating to the latest version of the theme.

1. Delete the Cornerstone
  2. Update the X theme to the latest version on automatic updates
  3. After the X theme is updated, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be at the latest version

If that does not resolve the issue, I would suggest you troubleshot a few common issues to find the reason behind them.

1.Plugin Conflict
2.Child Theme Related issue
3.CSS/JS Customization
4.Disabling Cache

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above help, please let us know for further investigation.

Thanks

Hi Tristup

I’ve gone through your troubleshooting steps and unfortunately, the problem still persists.

Hello @holdenhinkle,

Thanks for sharing the credentials, I went ached and checked your site dashboard. I clear the cache and checked your Spanish version page. It seems that is working fine at my end.

Please have a look at the given screenshot below I added a double dots in the page content and then saved it.
Acerca-De-Content-X

I would suggest you clear your browser cache and then check it again. If it doesn’t work for you please let us know.

Thanks

Hi prakash_s. Thanks for checking this, but that’s the wrong page. Please see the URL I mentioned above, which is https://www.syntorial.com/es/compre-ahora-lifetime/. Also, the issue is in the CSS and JS editors, not an html block.

Hello @holdenhinkle,

I checked your site dashboard and your given page URL It seems that it is working fine. Please check the screenshot in the secure note.

For the CSS/JS issue, It might be the issue of invalid HTML or wrong settings of any element. I would suggest you create a clone of the page and then check your settings, it would be best if you could check it by deleting section one by one. If it doesn’t work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site.

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried cloning the page and removing sections, and if I remove all sections from a page, then the JS/CSS code is able to be saved. I tested this on a few pages, and it behaves the same way. So it appears to be sitewide.

As I hope you understand, rebuilding every page on our site is not a viable workaround for this bug. So I’ve created the staging site as requested. Please see the secured note for the staging URL. Your login creds should be the same as the live site.

Hello @holdenhinkle,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your staging server, I went ahead and deactivated the child theme and activated the parent theme. After deactivation the theme it works fine at my end.

I would suggest you deactivate the child theme and activate the parent theme then check it again. If the issue still persists please let us know.

Please note that we don’t provide customized child theme support. It is out of the support scope.

Thanks for understanding

What does the screenshot in the secure note have to do with the bug we’re working on? What exactly are you testing? I also tried switching to the parent theme, but the problem is still there. I’m very confused by your response.

Hello @holdenhinkle,

The screenshot shows that Prakash is testing the page, https://staging-syntorial.kinsta.cloud/es/compre-ahora-lifetime/, in your staging server. By the way, I am another staff checking in and I am able to replicate the issue. Can we please update the X theme (8.1.5), The Cornerstone (5.1.5), and all other plugins in your staging site URL to make sure that the issue is not coming from an outdated plugin?

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi @ruenel

Thanks for hopping in, and I appreciate your team’s continued efforts on this.

Because the X theme license isn’t tied to the staging site URL it doesn’t let me update it from the staging site. So I’ve updated the live site (deleting cornerstone first, then updating X Theme, then installing Cornerstone, as previously instructed), confirmed that the issue is still present, and re-deployed the staging site. You login creds should still be the same.

Hi @holdenhinkle,

Thanks for updating all your files in your staging area!

I went ahead test this page https://staging-syntorial.kinsta.cloud/es/compre-ahora-lifetime/ and it seems to add CSS and JS is just working fine properly. You also said that when you reload the page the CSS and JS code will be gone but it is just there. See the video in the secure note on the test I did on your website. I suggest that you clear your browser cache or any 3rd party cache you have in your website.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hi @marc_a Thank you for testing that, but as I also said, it’s the Spanish side that has the problem.

There’s been a lot of confusion in this thread so I’m going to clearly outline the steps of this bug:

1. Open the cornerstone editor for the page https://staging-syntorial.kinsta.cloud/es/compre-ahora-lifetime/
  2. Switch to the spanish page via the Spain flag at the bottom right corner
  3. Open the CSS or JS editor and add some code.
  4. Save it
  5. Refresh the browser
  6. Switch to the spanish side again
  7. Open the CSS or JS editor again.
  8. The code is missing.

Please follow those exact steps in order to recreate the bug.

Hi @holdenhinkle,

It seems that any of the installed 3rd party plugins is the reason behind your issue. I went ahead and tested by deactivating the plugins except the Cornerstone and WPML and able to save the CSS.

image (9)

I would like to request you to activate the plugins one by one in your staging site to find the plugin(s) that is the reason behind the issue.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Ah, yes. Not sure how we missed that. Will take a look and get back.

Hi @holdenhinkle,

Great and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.