Cornerstone wont working with SSL?

Hi Team,

I have tried several things to get cornerstone to work; however I keep getting the following error:
“A conflict on the front-end of your site is preventing cornerstone from working”

I have done the following test:

  • Migrate DB using your suggested search and replace tool
  • Deactivated plugins for conflict issues
  • Created new pages not using cornerstone (which worked)

I also cannot view an entire page I have recently made changes on tonight. New pages created with cornerstone do not load entirely. The page not functioning happens to be the order page for one of our products! You can see that here:

https://theperfectbeginning.net/orders

I stared experiencing issues with cornerstone when the second to last update was released. I was unable to use the new features and only the classic ones. I had to load cornerstone twice every time to get it to work. I paid not attention to this. I updated again tonight and I now cannot pull up cornerstone entirely.

I have not made any new changes to the site within the past 1 month as far as adding plugins. I will provide my credentials to follow.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Cornerstone should work with SSL enabled. Upon investigating this issue further, I see the following error on the console log.

Xfr request made by preview timed out

Could you please contact your hosting provider and ask them to check your mod_security rules to see if it is blocking requests from Cornerstone.

Also check your PHP max script execution time and increase it 300.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Thanks for your suggestion. I have contacted my host provider about the issue. Thank you again for looking into this! They believe it is a mod_sec issue as well. If I experience any theme related issues after looking further into this I will reach back out.

Thanks Again!

You’re welcome.

Hey Team,

First off, thanks for all the help! Your team is always awesome about finding a solution. I got the hosting provider to turn off the mod_security on the site. Since then the site has been functioning back to its previous state, allowing me to build again.

There is only one small glitch which has appeared since updating X that only had classic options. After the update to the new dynamic theme I have to reload Cornerstone every time to get it to work. If I use a feature that is not a classic one, Cornerstone freezes and I have to restart the builder.

I thought I should add…this glitch appeared before the SSL issues.

Thanks so much!

Hi there,

Noted that, is there any error in the browser console when the glitch appears? I tried it but I can’t reproduce it. But glad it’s okay now, please use classic elements while we’re checking the glitch.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.