Cornerstone Won't Show When Adding New Posts/Pages

Help! I have Cornerstone toggled ON for posts in the settings but the option to use Cornerstone won’t show when I try to add a new post. I do have the option to edit an existing post in Cornerstone though. I’ve cleared my cache, made sure all plugins are up to date, etc.

I actually just realized I’m having the same issue with pages also.

Hi JessMoir,

Thanks for reaching out.
The button is Edit with Cornerstone. While using the default editor or block editor, you will have that button once you publish the Post or Page.

Thanks

I need to create the page in Cornerstone though. I can’t create a post in the default editor and then convert it so that doesn’t make sense to me.

Any help would be so appreciated!

Hello @JLMoir,

We would love to investigate the issue further. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

I would love to do that however I do not have a secure reply option, see screenshot:

Hi JessMoir,

It seems you want to create a post using the Cornerstone, which is possible as the Page Builder is enabled for the post already. Please follow the steps explained below.

1. Go to the Page Builder.

2. Click on the plus sign to start creating a new page/post.

image (10)

1. Select the Post option and click into the Create Content button.

image (11)

Please note that you will get the Edit with Cornerstone option in Block Editor if that page or post is already published.

Thanks

I’m sorry but this isn’t right. Usually I could just go into pages/posts and create from there. Especially since I’m trying to train a virtual assistant on blog writing. Also, when I follow your instructions a new post is created using the page layout I assigned to all blog posts, however it won’t let me edit anything! It also doesn’t give me access to things like postdating a blog, etc. etc.

I’m also getting this error:

Hello JessMoir,

You cannot edit anything because you your custom single “Reel to Blog” layout, there is no “The Content” element added into the layout.

Be advised that the “The Content” element will be the area where you can add a post content.

Hope this makes sense.

No, it doesn’t make sense. I’m sorry! If I use the “add content” then it puts everything in one column and doesn’t properly format… completely bypassing the point of my template. Why would I not be able to edit things like adding the embed quote, adding text, and changing text in Quote? But more importantly, I still need to be able to “add post” in cornerstone from the normal routes…like I’ve always been able to before?

My only goal is for a virtual assistant to “add a post” using the template I’ve created and post an embed code on the left, caption on the right, and edit the quote text.

Hello JessMoir,

Be advised that the Layout Builder will allow you to create a custom layout for your single post items. Still, you need to go to Posts > Add New in order to create a new post item or add the title and post contents. You go to Post > All Post > {select a post item} if you want to edit a post title or the post contents . When you view the post item, it will display the single post using the custom single layout that you have built in the Layout Builder.

Please watch for my demo here:

Hope this helps.

It doesn’t help at all. I want my blog to be two columns and have a quote pulled from each video that is featured. Even if I use dual column in the wordpress editor it doesn’t show right on the Cornerstone layout. For example: https://hearthomegroup.com/yikes-what-does-water-intrusion-look-like/ you can see the instagram embed and text are all smooshed to one side for no apparent reason. Using “the content” element makes the layout completely useless.

I want to be able to have a blog post mirror the original page layout I created with custom edits on each post - HOW DO I DO THAT? I used to be able to do this without issue (see https://hearthomegroup.com/you-lost-your-dream-home/)

Hello JessMoir,

Please do not use the “Reel to Blog” single layout and do not assign it for posts.

You will just have to use Cornerstone to create the post item. You need to go to Posts > Add New, insert the post title and then hit saved. View the mew post and then you can edit it back and then you will see the “Edit in Cornerstone” button.

Or you can Cornerstone > Page Builder and then create the new post from there.
Kindly check this video:

And lastly, please edit your page, https://hearthomegroup.com/yikes-what-does-water-intrusion-look-like/, and then make sure to change the Row > Layout > Template from 50 50 to 1/4 - 3/4.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.