Cornerstone won't save changes

Hello,

Cornerstone won’t save any changes. I get a 500 internal server error. I’ve tried disabling plugins, clearing caches, etc. Nothing helps. Thanks

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, Please contact your hosting and confirm the following:

PHP is 5.6 or greater
MySQL is 5.6 or greater
The mod_rewrite Apache module
PHP Max Execution time set to 300

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

All requirements pass except the Max Execution time. It’s only set to 30. I’m not sure how to change this.

Hi There,

Please follow this article http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-fatal-error-maximum-execution-time-exceeded-in-wordpress/

If both method provided there did not work, please contact your hosting on how you can increase the PHP Max Execution time effectively.

Thanks,

Thanks friech,

Unfortunately, neither method worked. It now seems like the execution time has been increased, but I am getting this console error:

Any ideas?

Hi there,

The Internal Server Error (500) is a general error message which does not show the actual issue. That should be checked by your hosting service provider. Kindly contact them and ask to check their error log to find out the actual error.

The usual cases are related to the file permissions. But that may not be the problem cause, you should check the error log.

Hope it heps.

We use hosted worpdress with GoDaddy, and they aren’t allowed to provide any logs with my account type, so that has been a dead end. This was not a problem until I updated Cornerstone and X to the most common recent version. I don’t know what else to do.

I deleted and reinstalled cornerstone. Works now.

Glad that you managed to fix the issue.