Cornerstone Won't Open to Edit Pages

Hi! I just updated everything and I can’t edit any pages with cornerstone. It’s only loading a blank gray screen for every page that I try. I checked each plugin one at a time and it didn’t change anything. I received an email from wordpress about an error caused by the Jetpack plugin (along with more details I can send) but cornerstone still won’t load after removing that plugin entirely. Thank you for the assistance!

Hi Andy,

Thanks for reaching out.

There could be a plugin or custom code that affects the Cornerstone to load.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Andy,

I have checked your website and found that you updated the Cornerstone to its latest version i.e. 6.1.4 whereas the X is still in the older version i.e. 6.2.5. The issue you are having might be due to the incompatibility between the X and the Cornerstone. I would suggest you follow the below steps while updating the X theme and the Cornerstone.

1. Delete the existing Cornerstone
  2. Update the X theme to the latest version on automatic updates
  3. After the X theme is updated, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be at the latest version

Hope it helps.
Thanks