Cornerstone won't load previous saved page

Hello - yesterday I updated a site with the latest version of X. After that, cornerstone won’t load the pervious saved page, but instead loads a default theme page without any content.

There haven’t been any issues initially but several problems have occurred after updating WP.

There seems to be some problems regarding the constant race between new WP releases and the themes / it’s not user friendly with all these updates to WP and X. - please keep that in mind!!!

The site is http://www.vinoypintxos.dk

Pls assist me in solving this issue, since I need to make some content changes to the site.

Furthermore - I have send an request from your formpage but haven’t recieved any reply!!!

Looking forward to hear from you ASAP!

1 Like

Hi,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

It is completely confusing this type of support - pls it can’t be true that you have to read a bible to get some qualified support. In order for me to make sure I have connected to you, pls. send me an email on the following mail address

[email protected] - and i wil gladly provide you with the information you need to solve this issue.

I was of the impression, that an answer to my posting would have been replied via an email connected to this account so I would know that you have responded. Is it possible to add that feature so time is not wasted in waiting for a response?

Anyway - I look forward to hear from you!

René Ruprecht

Hey There,

All support is provided via our forum. We have a feature called “Secure Note” which lets you add a note here that is only visible to you and our staff. This is the most secure way to provide us with information / credentials. There is no email support available.

You can check your ticket status by checking your notifications or the “My Posts” link in the forum overview page.

Hope that helps!

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Regretfully we were not able to log in to your WP dashboard because we are not allowed to visit the login url. Did you change the default login url? (http://prntscr.com/fv5gcg)

By the way, Since you have installed a caching plugin WP Super Cache, please clear your plugin cache after doing anyupdated before testing your site. This can cause the changes to not take place on the front end. It will eventually show up when the cache regenerates, but it’s not ideal if you’re looking to see your changes immediately. Caching plugins are best to turn on only when you’ve finished building the site.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello, - I am not sure why you are not able to connect. But I think I have an suspicion and it may be due to protection of the server from intrusion of hostile and brute force attacks on WP sites.
The solution to the problem may be found in you providing me with an IP address that I can list as secure connection to the server. If not - I will have to contact the hosting company for a solution to the problem.

PLS let me know if you can provide en IP address that I can list and grant access to the hosting server.

Looking forward to hear from you…

/René Ruprecht

Hi Rene,

Thanks for updating in! Regretfully we cannot provide you an IP. We have several staff working from across the world in different timezones. Providing an IP will only allow that one particular staff who might be off duty at the time you have allowed it to view yourWP dashboard. It is best that you temporarily disable the IP filtering so that any of our staff on duty can check your site and be able to figure out and resolve the current issue that you are having.

Thank you for your understanding.

Ok - I will contact the hosting provider monday, and inform them that we need to remove the IP access blockade as an temporary solution.

Also - just to inform the provider, for how long a time slot do you think it needs to be available to you in order for you to have look and solve the problem?

And - do you need me to change the language into english, or can you manage that by your self when you are inside?

Looking forward to hear from you,

René

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Questions are answered in the order received and response times can take up to 24 hours, although typically sooner. Complex questions or busy times may take longer.

As long as we can view the site and be able to login, I think we can manage. It would be best if you change it to english already.

Thank you very much.

Hello,

The IP protection is now turned off, and the language is set to US english.

All other details should be available to you - looking forward to hear from you!

Good luck with the flaw finding.

/René

Please delete the other site with x as the sub-folder name.

Cornerstone uses x as the path by default. You can change that setting in Cornerstone > Settings.

Thanks.

Thanks A lot … The second site was only there in order to copy default pages if they where needed!

The best … and THANKX

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.