Cornerstone Won't Load (insecure requests)

Hello,

We recently updated to the latest version of Wordpress, X Theme, and Cornerstone. Now the Cornerstone page editor won’t load. Here is what the Chrome console says:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The forum shrunk my screenshot. Here’s the full image:

Hello @jeremytang,

Thanks for writing to us.

According to your screenshot, it seems that the URLs are not fully replaced while moving the site from staging to productions and that causes the Mixed Content issue [ HTTP and HTTPS ] blocking to load JS/CSS files.

I would suggest you replace the URL properly and check this again, there are many URL replacement Plugins available in WordPress which help you to replace the URL.
This article will be helpful in this:https://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-update-urls-when-moving-your-wordpress-site/

Also, remember that the exact URL should be mentioned in Setting > General, WordPress Address and Site URL, including the protocol i.e HTTP/HTTPS.

It seems that there might be an issue of plugin conflict. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks for your fast reply! I did find the “WordPress Address” setting used “http://” in the General Settings area, so I added the S. That didn’t seem to resolve the issue.

We’ve gone through and removed any seemingly-outdated or unused plugins.

Here’s the weird part: I created a Staging server for you to use (details in secure note) and without making any other changes, the editor works there. Any idea why it would work on the staging subdomain, but not on the main site?

Maybe the “WordPress Address” setting was cached somewhere (with the old http://) and I need to clear that cache somehow? Does Cornerstone or Wordpress cache that?

Thanks.

Edit: we also cleared the object cache on the WPEngine side, to no effect.

Hi @jeremytang,

It seems that the issue persists only in your live site and my colleague has correctly mentioned that the URLs are not replaced while moved to HTTPS from HTTP. I would suggest you search and replace the URL by using any of the free plugins available in the WordPress repository or you can go through the following article which may help you on this.

If that does not help and the issue still persists, I would request you to share the credentials for the live server to check the settings and other possibilities.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.