Cornerstone won't load - "An error on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading." - Help?

Hi,

I can’t seem to edit any of my pages with cornerstone, it’s giving me the “an error on the front of your site has prevented the preview from loading” error.

I read through a bunch of other similar topics and took the responses into consideration before creating my own.

I’ve deactivated each of my plugins one by one, no help.
I’ve cleared my cache and cookies, no help.
I’m not sure where to look to find a line of code that might be amiss, or whether or not it would be obvious that it was wrong, so I’m not sure what to try next.

Thanks!

I have the same issue…

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! If you have checked for a plugin conflict, could you also please try following the guidelines below.

  • If you’re using a caching plugin, make sure to purge all server cache and disable it until you do the testing.
  • Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.
  • Check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 300 for optimal usage.
  • Check your permalink settings (General -> Permalinks) and set Postname save changes to re-create your .htaccess file.
  • If you’re using a service like CloudFlare, make sure to disable auto minification. For more information, please check this guide (https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/).

Also you can try increasing your PHP Memory limit. You can do this by editing your wp-config.php file which can be located under the root of your WordPress installation.

Add the following lines into that file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I am not using a caching plugin
I checked and see that I’m running PHP v5.6.3, thanks for telling me how to check!
I see that my PHP Max Execution Time is 800 - is that faster or slower than 300? I don’t see where to change it.
My permalinks are set to postname already.
I don’t use cloudflare.
I added the PHP Memory limit code you suggested, but it didn’t help.

I think I might have figured it out but I’m hoping you can help me not have to do the work around each time. When I clicked “edit in cornerstone”, the page that opens with cornerstone doesn’t open with my https. When I added https to the URL of the editing page, it loaded fine. Is there any way to set it up so that it automatically opens the page builder to a https page when I’m trying to edit?

Thank you!

Hi,

You can go to Settings > General and set Wordpress URL and site URL with https

Hope that helps.