Cornerstone Wont Edit Woocommerce Single Product Page

I am trying to change my product pages in woocommerce through cornerstone. Every time i pull up a product page in cornerstone to edit i get this message, “No suitable preview area found. This could happen when a third party plugin is overrinding the content area.” The only plugins i have running is woocommerce and cornerstone so it cant be another plug-in cant be stopping it. I also turned off the cache and still cant get it to work.

Hi There @brayden

Thanks for writing in! Please head over to X -> Settings section (for Pro users, it would be Pro -> Settings).

Then under Permissions -> General area, you need to enable Products so that you can use Cornerstone editor.

Make sure to hit the update button to save the changes.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the replay.
I have already done that and I still get the error.

Hello @brayden,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom Javascript from the theme options or Child Theme style.css file and test the case.
  4. Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.
  5. Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Non of those worked but I am now using a different content builder to do it so its fine.
thanks.

I see, thanks for the head ups. And you can only edit the product description with the builder and not the entire layout of single product page. Thanks!

Hi, which builder are you using for WooCommerce? Does this allow to customise all other woo sites too?
Thanks

Hey @deranaloge,

You should be able to use Cornerstone to edit Woocommerce pages. You just have to make sure you have enabled it in the Permissions Manager so that you can use it.

Hope this helps.

Im using cornerstone for all my pages except for the woocommerce product page. I was never able to get it to work on my product pages so im now using elementor just for the product page layout.

Hello Brayden,

As what @Rad has explained that only the product description is editable with Cornerstone. Please understand that Cornerstone uses the content area to format the page/post contents. In WooCommerce products, the content does in the product description. Cornerstone cannot and will not be able to edit the whole product layout.

It is good to know that you have figured out a way to resolved your issue by editing it with another 3rd party plugin.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.