Cornerstone will not load, endlessly circling

Hi,

I am having a bit of issue with Cornerstone - when I open a page and click “Edit in Cornerstone” it just keeps continuously loading, with the circle just circling endlessly. No error message is shown.

I have tried disabling the cloudflare like recommended in other threads here, but that didn’t fix it. I have Version 2.1.7 installed and X theme is up to date as well.

Thanks,

Hello @Atomicmass,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Would you mind trying these general solutions.

  1. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  6. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If nothing helps, please give us WP Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Hi

I have tried those things - I have given you access to the site in a secure note.

Thanks,

Elina

Hi Elina,

Thank you for the credentials, I did check your site and the cs-vendor.js file that the Cornerstone needed is either blocked or removed:


I think your site is still affected by this False Positive Malicious file issue from last week (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/hosting-service-identified-cornerstone-files-to-be-malicious/17862)

Please contact your hosting support and confirm that they don’t have any port blocked on your site. If they have please request to open it.

Also, login to your server via FTP and navigate to this directory /wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/ please check the file cs-vendor.js if its there and the file permission is set to 755.

If not, please download a fresh copy of X Theme, get the cs-vendor.js on that copy and upload it to your site in the directory mentioned above.

And please keep cleared and deactivated your caching plugins and CloudFlare while we tackle this issue.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.