Cornerstone update fails and files "disappear" with latest update

I just did a standard plugin update via the dashboard and Cornerstone failed AND removed itself.

“The plugin cornerstone/cornerstone.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.”

Looking at files it appears that the update created/renamed the “cornerstone” folder to one called “cornerstonecornerstone”

Looks like this last update is tweaked?

Renaming the folder and re-activating the plugin seems to fix.

I just had the same thing happen and renaming the folder did fix the issue. Now the big question is why and will it be fixed before I update our other sites?

Hi there @Trikon @dtg10001,

Sorry about this! This was an error in the packages name within our update system. We’ve patched the issue already and any further updates you need to do will go smoothly.

Thanks for your understanding!

Cornerstone didn’t install when I updated x theme today. How do I update so my site looks correct again?

What do you mean by didn’t install? Did it not get installed since you validated X?

If what you mean is it didn’t update, please login to your server via FTP and delete the Cornerstone folder. X will reinstall Cornerstone for you. There was an error but it’s already fixed now so X will install it properly.

Thanks.

After updating the cornerstone plugin I can’t open my site anymore. It always shows a http 500 error.

@VDesign

Please open a new thread and provide your FTP and WP Admin credentials in a secure note with a brief explanation of your issue.

Thanks