Cornerstone update broke site?

Just returned to X theme yesterday, and was loving it until today- got prompted in plugins to update cornerstone so I did. Went fine, but now whenever I try to edit any page in cornerstone, it tries to load, then takes me to the generic cornerstone page editor (/x/#/content). From there, I am unable to edit any page.

This means basically I can’t get the site up and I’m buggered… any ideas would be appreciated! :slight_smile:

Ok so found something… cornerstone didn’t activate after update. Throws me this error:

(home directory name here)/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/utility/plugin-base.php on line 6

Hi there,

Could you please try deleting your Cornerstone plugin directory (/wp-content/plugins/ cornerstone) and then head over to X -> Overview section and wait for few seconds to automatically install the latest version of Cornerstone plugin and see if that resolves your issue.

Thanks!

Ok, made some progress on figuring out the problem… so got pro equivalent of cornerstone working again, seems it doesn’t like many plugins that use Ajax. Only problem now is- everything works fine when I use the default header, but the minute I use a custom header, the sort disappears from the portfolio.

The site is tbacodes.com and it’s for my high school students, so they need to be able to sort by lesson topic. For now I’m using the default, but its… um, crap.

Really appreciate the help you have given, and any more you could offer.

Keep up the great work guys! :slight_smile:

By the way- an example of a plugin that kills it is modern events calendar- totally kills ability to edit any page or anything in cornerstone… or whatever it’s called in Pro. Any ideas on that one?

Hello There,

When there is an error if you install or activate other plugins, this sounds that you have exhausted your PHP memory limit. ​We recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

We would loved to know if this has work for you. And as for your portfolio sorting, please understand that the sort filter goes with the landmark title or shall we say Portfolio page title and this title is part of the header. This is why, as soon as you use a custom header, the page title disappears and also the sort filter. We’ve added this as a feature request so it can be taken into consideration for future development.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.