Cornerstone unable to load!

Hello, I have a huge problem with Cornerstone on one website.
When I try to edit a page with cornestone, or just simply launch cornersone, I get the white screen with the following message:

Loading…
Session expired
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.

I have tried everything, deleted cache, changed browsers, PCs, IP addresses, nothing! Cornerstone was working fine on the website from the moment I bought it (2 weeks), and nothing has been changed on my website in the meantime, no updates.

I have found the same topic on your forum:

I tried everything from there too, but it did not help.

What is the problem here, how do I go in Cornerstone and continue editing my Pages??

Thanks

Hi There @peradam

Thanks for writing in! I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this issue. First of all, make sure that you’re fully updated by referring to our version information here. Then once you update your X theme, you need to clear style cache by head over to X -> Settings page. Also if you’re using a caching plugin, you need to purge server cache as well.

If you’re still having issues, then please check with the following points as well.

Please install the following plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) activate it and then head over to Dashboard -> WP-Serverinfo section. Then check the following server configurations.

• PHP Version - We recommend PHP v5.6.x or higher to avoid incompatibility issues. Some hosts allows to switch PHP versions within the hosting control panel. If not, you can contact your hosting provider and ask them to update.

• PHP Memory Limit - We recommend PHP memory limit of 512 MiB. You can increase it by following our guide here. Please check to see from WP-Serverinfo page whether it has been increased. Some hosting providers does not allow to increase it manually, so you will have to contact them directly.

• PHP max script execution time - We recommend the value of 120 or higher (300). Here’s how to increase that value (https://www.simplified.guide/php/increase-max-execution-time).

if you’re still experiencing this issue, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials along with your FTP credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hello, I cleared the cache, and still the same.

This Page does not have the X theme, but the Cornerstone is updated and has the latest version.

The Page itself needs some updates (Plugins, Wordpress), but as it has some custom codes, it is not advisible to do it now.

PHP version is fine though, and the Cornerstone was working perfectly fine until 2 days ago. Nothing has been changed in the meantime, it simply stopped working.

You have the WordPress credentials in the secure note. Please check. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi There,

Thanks again for writing in!

Can you please provide the details requested by @mldarshana above so that we can have a look.

Please put those details in a secure note .

Thanks

Hello, I did put the wordpress login credentials in the secure note.
Were you able to find the problem?
Thanks

I forgot to put the website URL :open_mouth:
I’ve updated the secure note now, you have all the information. Thank you

Hey @peradam,

I see you have not updated WordPress yet. Please try updating to the latest version.

Thanks.

I would not like to update the stuff, the Theme has some custom codes and I am worried.

Cornersone was working fine during the first week.
I added the FTP acces now in the secure note. Can you check now?

Thank you

Hi @peradam

We are pretty sure that updating WordPress to the latest stable version should fix this issue. You can take a backup of your site just in case something wrong happened, you can revert your site back to the latest stable stage.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.