Cornerstone unable to edit

Im no web professional please be patient…I just started getting this error message when I attempted to edit within cornerstone. Any idea how to correct this?

Hi @marcmazza,

Thanks for reaching out.
If you are getting the issue only on this page, please delete the sections one by one until the issue is fixed, and the last one you delete might have contained the broken HTML.
If it is happening to every page, there might be some different reasons behind your issue. I would like to suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.Child Theme Related issue ** if you have activated it.
5.CSS/JS Customization
6.Disabling Cache
7.Disabling CDN
8.Increasing PHP Memory Limit
9.Permalink

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

My webmaster tried all of the recommendations and none of them seem to have resolved the issue.

Can I send you my log in credentials ?
Sent via secure note…

You can see this error immediately if you try to edit the home page>in the outline…HERO>Then try to click the background image…

Its the same for all other pages throughout the site…
TY!!!

From my webmaster:

FYI - I’ve been on your dev site, and there are no plugins on and nothing. I’m starting from scratch with just X themes and just cornerstone, and I can’t even adjust settings. I just wanted to confirm what Ryan already did. Ya, there is a straight-up bug or something.

Let us know what they say

Hi @marcmazza,

Can you please share your dev site credentials so we can also investigate the issue?

Thanks

Okay… just save in secure note…

Hey @marcmazza,

I have checked the homepage of your staging site. I could not replicate the issue. When I clicked on the headline element, I saw this with no issue:

Please double-check your site again.

You need to click on the background image one the home page… or on any other page for that matter.

Its the BACKGROUND IMAGE… Just tried it and still. error

Click the hour glass please

Hello @marcmazza,

A JS error appears in the console once you click any of the Section elements. React JS is involved. This could come from one of the installed and active plugins. I would highly recommend that you do a plugin conflict test. We would also love it if you could create a staging site and clone your live site. We can do further investigation on your staging site. Check out this article to learn how to get a staging area started:

Best Regards.

I want to speak to your supervisor. This is ridiculous. YOU ARE NOT EVEN TRYING TO FIX THIS!
You asked for the DEV credentials so you can view the side with no plugins and you did not even try to access that site. There is no need to create a staging site.

We tested the issue on our DEV site that has NO PLUGINS… and the issue still persists. If they tested with NO plugins and the issue still persists… whats the issue… You have the DEV log in credentials…PLEASE USE THEM

Hey @marcmazza,

I have been investigating the issue on your main site. I missed the dev site details which is totally my fault. I have cloned your site to our local install for further investigation. I just could not understand why this only happens in our installation. I even removed most of the plugins.

I even installed the Pro theme to compare the differences or find out what might be the issue.

Finally, I was able to figure out your issue. As it turns out, your Theme Options data has been corrupted. I have reset your Theme Options and it is loading now. You can now also edit the Section elements in the builder. Check the staging site now.

Please permit us to update the live site as well so the issue can be resolved on the live site.

Thanks.

Hello, did you update the live site as of yet? TY

Hey @marcmazza,

I haven’t updated the live site yet. I am waiting for your permission to do it.

Thanks.

When you update the site will I loose the interior pages?
That would be catastrophic to my rankings… please confirm

Hey There,

No, the pages will stay intact. We just have to copy the Theme Options of the staging site and import it to the live site.

Cheers.

Excellent. Ok, you have my permission to update the live site. Thank you!

No problem, @marcmazza.
Check the live site now.