Cornerstone UI: Collapsing Sections Issues

Hello, I LOVE the new updates, but I do have one issue. I know I am not the only one feeling this, but the collapsing sections feature of the August 2021 update is very disorienting, because it’s not always intuitive what property is in which section. I am a X/Pro “Pro” and have been so for over 5 years, but this feature has provided the most friction to my workflow of any to date.

Therefore, I’d like to suggest a couple of minor tweaks that could alleviate all of this for me.

1. Give us an option in Preferences to default to all sections expanded.
  2. Make the toggle point of each section an arrow or something instead of the whole section header being “clickable.” I can’t tell you how many times I expanded the sections I wanted and then accidentally collapsed them by clicking on the “wrong spot.”

I do want to clarify that I love the new update—it’s revolutionary and groundbreaking! It’s just that it has made some things more difficult, which is why I am communicating—because I love what you guys are doing!

Hi @bobbybosler,

Thanks for your feedback and we’re glad that you love Pro the way we do. I’ll add this to our issue tracker so that the management will know about your user experience.

Thank you.

Hi @bobbybosler,

Thanks for sharing your feedback here. We’ll keep it in mind, but at the moment don’t have any planned adjustments. I do want to point out something that could be helpful though. If you ctrl/cmd click the groups, it will collapse/expand all of them at once. You could easily leave them all open that way. Cornerstone will also remember which groups you opened or closed and keep them in that state as you navigate between elements.

@alexander, The ⌘+click idea is helpful. I’ll give it a shot.

Hi @bobbybosler,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.